Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

53 Total Messages • Page 2 of 4 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 
Leftover Salmon: 20 Years Down River
mattguff9
mattguff9
10/21/2009 06:05 PM

Thanks jambase for the trip down memory lane. I was fortunate enough to catch them in 2000 before Vann died and since with Noem. What a great festival band that always puts a smile on the audience's face and never gives less than 100%. I just picked up their Nashville Sessions disc and the quality of their collaborators really tells the story about their respect in the scene.

rainydaywomen420
rainydaywomen420
10/21/2009 11:51 PM

wow im astounded by the fact that salmon has sparked such wonderful romantic endeavors. id rather slam smack and listen to the creek in my fathers backyard. salmon sux dix yo!!!

nsavarirayan
nsavarirayan
10/22/2009 09:29 AM

Wow Rainydaywomen - you must have an awful ear for music? Also we call all tell you are pretty ignorant based on your comments. I am guessing you must be 15 years old. Maybe you should jump in and drown in that creek and save the rest of us from your hater posts. Go troll on some other boards.

lovejahlive
lovejahlive
10/22/2009 09:45 AM

Festival at Bearcat's? Care to comment Dave or Glee?

RedHeaven
RedHeaven
10/22/2009 11:59 AM

Wow it is awesome to red these coments, especially all of the love stories....My husband and I discovered them together the same year we got married in 2001 at High Sierra.....just in time....We used the lyrics to Bend in the River in our wedding vows. It was SUPER sweet to hear them sing that again at High Sierra this year.

Maybe a band with a significant hold on the heart strings has been a fun yet sympathetic base for tight couples of all ages to get their boogie on in a natural rootsy way.

I always thought that LoS was hugely underrated, and sadly I did miss a lot of the 90s....but I know in time more people will be comfortable aware of what this band has done and how many of us hold the songs close to our hearts and funny bones. Lucky we get to experience the artists in their new settings like Great American Taxi and Emmitts solo work. May health and hopefully more success grace these artists for years to come, recognition of the sweet spot they found in their muse.

samsa

RedHeaven
RedHeaven
10/22/2009 12:01 PM

WOOPS I never thanked JAMBASE for doing this!!! Credibility just went up many notches....

hamham
hamham
10/22/2009 12:05 PM

Thank you L.O.S.~~~~>~~~~

Having met you all in 97', changed and inspired my life in so many directions. The music, your friendship, and memories like Mayor McCheese skiing in Lesterville, will never be forgotten.~~~ MUCH LUV~~HUGS~~CUDDLE PILES

r0llingst0ne
r0llingst0ne
10/22/2009 12:14 PM

A great tribute to an amazing band. Salmon is what got me into bluegrass!

funkymtn
funkymtn
10/22/2009 02:55 PM

Direct from Raindaywoman420's profile:

" the only true wisdom is in knowing that you know nothing." Socrates.

words to LIVE by amigo...not just words to put on your profile so that you can think you are cool.

Sheeesh

dannymo
dannymo
10/22/2009 06:38 PM

Rainydaywomen is a CUNT

jamrad
jamrad
10/22/2009 06:59 PM

Thank You Leftover Salmon and Jambase! Love this band, love dancing to this band, love listening to this band! I also agree with the last post.

drshakedown
drshakedown
10/23/2009 08:59 AM

Saw these cats in the early 90's in Iowa City, they played a basement bar called the Yacht Club in front of about 30 people.........awesome. Thanks for the great article!

mikestaley
mikestaley
10/23/2009 10:10 AM

I never comment on these articles, just read them but this story forced me to throw my two cents in. I like a lot of people on here started seeing these guys around Carbondale, IL in the mid to late 1990's. Thought they were ground breaking and awesome, I still do actually. However, the reason I needed to comment was that I saw them over Labor Day in Baltimore and I actually felt pretty bad for them. They still jammed as always, but I would have to estimate that there was maybe 75-100 people in this crappy bar to see them It was supposed to be this outdoor street fest but the excuse was given that some bands cancelled and it had to move indoors...My thought is that the fest only sold a couple hundred tickets and they were losing their collective arses and had to cut their loses... I loved seeing LOS, they still got it, however I was sad to see them have no fans anymore.

RedHeaven
RedHeaven
10/23/2009 11:44 AM

I think Salmon go underrated in many parts of the country. Any time they play a late nite at High Sierra, that shit sells out.

hiddentreasure
hiddentreasure
10/23/2009 09:07 PM

Thank you Jambase. This is so cool! Thank you, thank you.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use