Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

5 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Alberta Cross: Rise From The Shadows
JamBase
JamBase
10/13/2009 12:00 AM

Alberta Cross: Rise From The Shadows
A band on the brink talks to JamBase about their critically acclaimed debut album Broken Side of Time, being broke, Bonnaroo, The Dead, MGMT and why it's all about the live show...

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
10/14/2009 07:36 AM

I just read about these guys in rolling stone last Sunday. The Article also compared them to sonic youth, I think they called them avant-stoner rock (Man I hate the stupid lables rock mags give bands). But It got my attention, thanks for reminding me to check them out jambase.

I'm diggin the track.

lnm03d
lnm03d
10/14/2009 09:04 AM

Caught them at the opening show in Nashville. Good shit.

mase
mase
10/14/2009 02:39 PM

I absolutely love their new album! Caught them at SXSW this year and that was also a great show. The new album is full of BIG ROCK sounds... I think these guys are going to do well for themselves.

scottebruce
scottebruce
10/14/2009 08:53 PM

I caught these guys just the other night in Atlanta opening for Phosporescent at The Earl. Both bands were great and I look forward to seeing them both again in the near future. Both bands were pretty different too---Alberta Cross more indie rock and Phosporescent more alt-country, but both bands currently call Brooklyn home, so there you go......I got a chance to talk to a few of the guys from Alberta Cross a little after their show and they were all very nice guys and very appreciative and humble to questions and compliments about the band and the show. Good luck to them!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use