Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

5 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Sam Roberts Band | 09.24 | NYC
JamBase
JamBase
10/9/2009 12:00 AM

Sam Roberts Band | 09.24 | NYC
Canada's finest returns to NYC with another stellar show on their never-ending tour...

mkgee
mkgee
10/9/2009 01:42 PM

I am not sure that there is a better performer out there today than Sam Roberts. The rest of the band is pretty low key but Sam I Am never wants nor cares to rest. As JC notes, Sam is not afraid to will the crowd "into" the show, especially during those half-full shows that so often take place south of the border.

If you haven't inquired about or seen the Sam Roberts Band, then I strongly recommend it.

stuckinabeat
stuckinabeat
10/10/2009 10:05 AM

Thanks for the write up on these guys. Its a shame they dont get more credit, you dont hear anyone making music like this anymore. He really is quite the songwriter too.

rastarusty
rastarusty
10/10/2009 02:22 PM

Wanted to see him. Haven't made it yet. He stopped through a club not that far away.

So many good people that don't get that much credit. Doesn't bother me though. I'd rather have it be good and not mainstream than sound like any of the bullshit "music" that plays on the main stations

mblumenstein
mblumenstein
10/11/2009 05:22 PM

Highly recommended music. Sam and his band lit it up at Rothbury this past summer and I instantly became a fan. He brings a lot of energy live backed by a really well written song. 'Classic' rock is back.

Nicely written review and bio on the band as well.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use