Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

8 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Arctic Monkeys | 10.02 | NOLA
JamBase
JamBase
10/5/2009 12:00 AM

Arctic Monkeys | 10.02 | NOLA
Arctic Monkeys blaze through the Big Easy as they approach the success they enjoy at home...

bigmikedmb
bigmikedmb
10/5/2009 02:27 PM

lol I don't think the wanna be hippies here can handle the Monkeys.

bigchris
bigchris
10/5/2009 02:41 PM

LOL Mike

I caught them last year, and was very surprised and had a fun show. Sold rock in a clash-like way. Those kids are pretty talented.

Getting to see Dr. Dog(great at the Hardly Strictly yesterday in SF) and Phoenix all in the same week equals a damn good time!

digmusiccitylive
digmusiccitylive
10/5/2009 02:45 PM

Here are the videos I took at the show:

Red Right Hand (Nick Cave Cover)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhWZ-onYsN0

Show closer "505"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drzd04V0Fc4&feature=related

bigmikedmb
bigmikedmb
10/5/2009 04:35 PM

ooh ppl here do like something other then phish. weird.

rastarusty
rastarusty
10/5/2009 10:38 PM

Monkeys are good shit. Still have yet to see them. Surprised no hate above me, that's a first.

I'll start it off. WTF JAMBASE! Next think they'll have jonas brother on this site

Nice to see some people on here like different types of music.

music_man86
music_man86
10/6/2009 06:59 AM

The arctic monkeys are hands down one of my favorite bands. They have brother back british punk with authority. I hated i bet you look good on the dancefloor when i first heard it, kind of dismissed the band for a while, once i listened to the whole album, just stellar. I just heard the whole new album, hamburg, it's produce by josh homme of queens. IT IS FUCKING KILLER! they are really streching themselves out beyond just typical punk on this one. just brillant.

spleenween
spleenween
10/6/2009 01:34 PM

uhh hey 'music man'. hamburg?!? are you fucking kidding me!? HAHAHA! you heard the whole thing, really?? the title is 'humbug'. ok, ill start the non-sarcastic hate train. i can't stand this fucking band, especially the lyrics and vocal delivery of the singer. and their album titles, and they're name it all stinks. also, please don't assume i'm a closed minded jamband worshipper; vampire weekend is one of my favorite new bands and i was glad to the piece about them on here, and i'm open to all types and popularity levels of music. oh and big mike, AWESOME photo dude.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use