Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

186 Total Messages • Page 8 of 13 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next » 
Phish: Festival 8 Band To Play Last Record Alive
spinmydog
spinmydog
9/30/2009 10:40 AM

Hotel California.

Life in the Fast Lane, Last Resort......

spinmydog
spinmydog
9/30/2009 10:41 AM

Hotel California.

Life in the Fast Lane, Last Resort......

jcarmany
jcarmany
9/30/2009 11:24 AM

goodbye yellow brick road. would be so epic

brencam
brencam
9/30/2009 11:25 AM

My vote would be on Bowie, Ziggy Stardust. Or Thriller would always be a funny treat

ccbaxter74
ccbaxter74
9/30/2009 11:36 AM

agree with Childofthekorn that Boston would be great... Trey is a long time fan and just hearing how they pulled off "Foreplay/Long Time" on 7/12/99 you know they'd do a great job on other gems like "Piece of Mind" and "More Than A Feeling".. that I will say is an album that would be killer from start to finish...

again keep it a surprise and I also agree with lovejahlive that this is just a fun little marketing tool BUT totally disagree with you when you say they "may or may not love their fans"... the enormous LOVE for us is what has built this entire world from the very beginning... and it's never been about making money... that was one of the reasons for the break-up... the boys felt what they created was turning into just another corporate monster and not about the music.

this "last album alive" is just a fun little game to entertain and yes, too get us communicating but that's the point - to get the phish community together...

also, i don't think for a minute that this game will seriously decide what will be played... it's already reported that the boys are rehearsing and that after a couple weeks of practicing Page decided against their first choice... i think it was The Grateful Dead's Workingman's Dead...

take it for what it is... just some Phriendly Phun!!!

headynugs
headynugs
9/30/2009 11:42 AM

Chicago Transit Authority has always been one of those badass but unknown treasures for me. That would be nice. Appetite has been the hard rumor for a minute cant complain about that either

oceanngrove
oceanngrove
9/30/2009 12:03 PM

beegees would be fucking hilarious. but it'd be cool to see Television, Radiohead or Pavement get played

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
9/30/2009 12:41 PM

Crooked rain, crooked rain is it. remember this post.

bruff76
bruff76
9/30/2009 12:51 PM

ccbaxter, Mike is on tour with his band right now, so....how could they be "practicing"?

DharmaBhum
DharmaBhum
9/30/2009 12:54 PM

oceanngroove: I don't think I've read anybody commenting on Television until you.

Television's "Marquee Moon" is one of my all-time favorite records. If I were there and had no idea what they were about to play....and I heard the first notes off that album....I would go nuts. Nuts i tell ya.

Too bad I won't be there, but no doubt a fun time will be had regardless of which album (if any of them) they play.

pdids
pdids
9/30/2009 01:10 PM

this better be online ASAP after the show

EMHJR6762
EMHJR6762
9/30/2009 01:21 PM

If anyone cares, as of last Wednesday, they have sold over 45,000 tickets and Goldenvoice is caping the event at 65,000. My friend is the Customer Service Superviser for the local bus company here in the Coachella valley and he was in a planning meeting last week and got the info.

By the way, it's 76 degrees and not a cloud in the sky here in Indio today. The Empire Polo grounds have baught up more space and the whole area is looking so lush. Get your asses out here.

Japhytaphy
Japhytaphy
9/30/2009 02:56 PM

since they never came through with Joe's Garage, settling on Apostrophe would be a real treat. Lamb Dies Down can be pretty fantastic as well, and IV would be a natural favorite (but where is Houses of the Holy?) Yes Album sounds good on paper but Anderson's high vocals are such a major part of Yes, don't know if Trey or Page would even be able to pull them off. Eat a Peach would also be great to see. also, there should be a cutoff some time around 1990 or so. they gotta go back at least into the '80s.

colonel-forbin
colonel-forbin
9/30/2009 03:32 PM

i hope they keep it secret....maybe they will just narrow it down to like 4 albums and keep it there until halloween.....then they walk the 4 album covers (large size mascot versions) out onto the stage and kill 3 of them before diving into "the one"....

ccbaxter74
ccbaxter74
9/30/2009 04:00 PM

bruff76.. here's where I read that tidbit about Page ax'ing Workingman's Dead... take it for what it's worth...

http://welcometonow.net/2009/09/25/time-turns-acoustic/

In a surprise move yesterday, Phish announced a special ‘crack of Noon’ acoustic set to take place at high noon on day 3 of Festival 8. The band also released the official schedule for their Halloween weekend jamboree as part of the announcement. In other Festival 8 news, Trey gave two radio interviews this week to discuss the upcoming festival and the Phish reunion at large. For the most part, these interviews seems to be marketing tactics for the Festival which has been rumored to be struggling with below-desired ticket sales. As a result, these interviews are mostly fluff (not the good kind), though one interesting tidbit was revealed: the band had chosen a musical costume and learned half of it when Page vetoed the selection sending the band back to the drawing board. Some sources are reporting the shelved selection was none other than the Grateful Dead’s ‘Workingman’s Dead’…

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use