Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

186 Total Messages • Page 7 of 13 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next » 
Phish: Festival 8 Band To Play Last Record Alive
scotbeckham
scotbeckham
9/30/2009 06:17 AM

My vote is for The Band, Eat A Peach, Sticky Fingers or American Beauty, but honestly they could cover Hanson and I'd still be excited to hear the set. Can't wait to hear what they bust out!

dankb23
dankb23
9/30/2009 07:05 AM

man if they do pink floyd or primus, i will have to find a way to cali, no matter how much it screws me for 2010

philhitz
philhitz
9/30/2009 08:10 AM

rubber soul!!!!!!

rgood01
rgood01
9/30/2009 08:22 AM

White Pepper just got shot.

biscophever
biscophever
9/30/2009 08:23 AM

meddle!!!! or of course the band

toeknee420
toeknee420
9/30/2009 09:08 AM

I THINK ITS PRETTY OBVIOUS.

IT'S GOING TO BE THRILLER!!!!!!!!!!

ALL OF YOU MOTHERFUCKERS BETTER DRESS LIKE ZOMBIES AND DANCE!!!! ;)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

karrvingwaves
karrvingwaves
9/30/2009 09:25 AM

i think this is a bad idea. keep the album a surprise. This is just a way for phish to get more hype. I love phish they are my favorite band but i think they should just keep it a mystery for the people going to 8

docsarvis
docsarvis
9/30/2009 09:29 AM

agree w/ above ^

mocablast
mocablast
9/30/2009 09:37 AM

I am inclined to think that they are doing this b/c ticket sales aren't as high as they would like being that the largest majority of their following is on the East Coast. It was easy to find tickets for the Shoreline and Gorge shows in some instances it was hard to even give them away. I am very interested to see if they hit the 45-50 thousand mark for tickets sold. Sucks for me though as I cannot go and a smaller atmosphere is going to be amazing.

docsarvis
docsarvis
9/30/2009 09:38 AM

Looks like Bowie is next victim...As for a Rolling Stones cover, it would be great to hear Sticky Fingers but that's Gov't Mule's choice, I'm pulling for Black Sabbath

ccbaxter74
ccbaxter74
9/30/2009 09:39 AM

absolutely 100% agree with karrvingwaves... keep it a surprise... this list is going to allow too many "that was great but i wish they did this, wish they did that" comments... none of talk happened after the past halloween shows cause noone had a clue what the boys would play and than when they did there was nothing to compare it to...

and frankly there are way too albums on the list that in my opinion if the boys did play, the novelty would wear off after 3 or 4 songs... all the past costume sets were strong form beginning to end...

ccbaxter74
ccbaxter74
9/30/2009 09:42 AM

absolutely 100% agree with karrvingwaves... keep it a surprise... this list is going to allow too many "that was great but i wish they did this, wish they did that" comments... none of talk happened after the past halloween shows cause noone had a clue what the boys would play and than when they did there was nothing to compare it to...

and frankly there are way too albums on the list that in my opinion if the boys did play, the novelty would wear off after 3 or 4 songs... all the past costume sets were strong form beginning to end...

Childofthekorn
Childofthekorn
9/30/2009 09:46 AM

Just a thought, "Boston" would be pretty cool. Boston was a band that made killer albums, but their live shows were markedly less impressive. A lot of the awesome effects that they could get in the studio were difficult to recreate on stage (one of the LAST albums you might expect to hear LIVE). However, I think Phish could pull it off. I think that "Boston" is a serious possibility. Also hoping for ELL or Miles.

lovejahlive
lovejahlive
9/30/2009 10:10 AM

Look, this is simply great marketing. We are talking about it. That's the point.

If they actually do leak this info (and they MAY NOT) it will be because the Halloween set is going to be spectacular. This is a band that sells tickets and makes money. They may or may not love their fans, but they don't do this shit for free because they simply love to make music together. It's a fucking business ran by a giant team of fairly smart people.

Ticket sales must have been less than expected on the tour. Initially I figured sold out coast to coast, but I got Gorge tickets on Stub Hub for $10. They will sell 40k+ tickets I'm sure, there are enough kids floating around SoCal with money to do that.

Still, if they do something huge, and leak it, ticket sales will soar. This is just hype for noobs anyway and a way to keep it on the interwebs. The true highlight of the show (for phans) will almost certainly be the acoustic set that will probably include about 4 or 5 first time played songs, and of course every song will be first time played acoustic.

cbowie
cbowie
9/30/2009 10:30 AM

keep it secret

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use