Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

186 Total Messages • Page 3 of 13 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next » 
Phish: Festival 8 Band To Play Last Record Alive
lizardking1
lizardking1
9/29/2009 11:17 AM

stumoog52. I understad what your saying but remember that Steely Dan is on a tour right now were they are playing one of their albums each night. Also the Doors are and obvious choic seeing we are 2 hours away from LA. But I am going to go with Bowie or Queen

StaggerLee24
StaggerLee24
9/29/2009 11:19 AM

i would love to see American Beauty by the Dead but that album would be a little too chill i feel. The Band would be an amazing cover though. Also eat a peach would be pretty cool!

cam0083
cam0083
9/29/2009 11:19 AM

There are a bunch out their that I don't think they could pull the vocals off (Thriller, Blood sugar sex magic, Nevermind, Master of puppets) a few that would be too boring for halloween (Miles Davis, Kid A) and a few that would be cool but unlikely (Funeral, MGMT) and a few that would be just right (CCR, Dylan, ABB, The Dead)

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
9/29/2009 11:22 AM

They're gonna cover Dragonforce for sure

Costaben
Costaben
9/29/2009 11:23 AM

WEEN on WEEN

hdynug22
hdynug22
9/29/2009 11:31 AM

Roage Against the Machine would be something nice and friendly

sokwe
sokwe
9/29/2009 11:39 AM

Come on Pretzel Logic! I know they would have issues with the vocals and there are "cooler" albums in the list, but this is such an awesome Steely Dan album.

rdawson124
rdawson124
9/29/2009 11:43 AM

WEEN!!!!!!!!!!!WEEN!!!!!!!!!!WEEN!!!!!!!!!

radioboy
radioboy
9/29/2009 11:45 AM

Literally, ten years ago I thought how funny it would be the boys in full on kiss gear Gordon dressed like Gene Simmons, Trey like Ace Stanley are you kidding me! HAHAHA! But seriously hope they play something where the novelty doesn't wear off after a song or two. My five in no order are Curtis Mayfield,FZ-apostrophe,Jane's Addiction,Prince ah 4 will do, as I'm writing this I take it all back, they are definetly doing KISS!

the101
the101
9/29/2009 11:48 AM

Jeez, man...I'd be (am gonna be) happy with any of those albums however, I'm feeling Exile on Main Street!!!! I know Trey would love to do this album. C'mon guys...Exile!

MCKILLA187
MCKILLA187
9/29/2009 11:48 AM

some of these albums would be really tough to get down between now and halloween, then again they probably picked it awhile ago

JingoBa
JingoBa
9/29/2009 11:56 AM

The Doors!! I'd settle for Zappa or Pink Floyd

jamesdinct
jamesdinct
9/29/2009 11:57 AM

It will be one of these, I know this:

1.Allmans- Eat a Peach

2.Bowie

3.Genesis

4.James Addiction

5.Pink FLoyd

6.Beach Boys - Pet Sounds

Gotta be

dirtyleg
dirtyleg
9/29/2009 12:01 PM

I totally agree with Dennis in that they need to stay away from any T Rex, X, Ramones, Jane's, VH, etc. as the setting, and the band, do not at all fit the angst which is bottled up in some of those styles. No Steely Dan as they are killing it out on tour right now with a full 12 piece band. No ZZ Top as they're a three piece and Page would have to sit that one out. I'm a big fan of the Bowie options for the group to perform.

"Last album" could mean the last album the band put out; which one of these would fit that calling?

latenitesnack
latenitesnack
9/29/2009 12:05 PM

Elephant is one of the best albums of all time. From start to finish it is thought out, full of meaning, and captures the intended emotion of the artist perfectly. Also, each song is different and diverse from the other. Lots of wailing guitar, slow picking, piano, and thumping drums.

While i understand it is not a so called "classic" like some of the other albums on this list it is important to remember that when a song is written dosent really add to its quality. I can also understand human sentiment towards "older" music and phans desire to hear a more "classic" album and realize that by picking Elephant, I am most certainly in a minority. However, i dont care.

Elephant is the tits. Play it Phish!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use