Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

44 Total Messages • Page 3 of 3 • « Previous 1 2 3 
Further: Dec Northeast Dates
karchy
karchy
9/26/2009 02:13 PM

I agree with hellopeace. If these new incarnations sounded good it would be one thing. The Dead this summer at Rothbury sounded absolutely horrible imo, like a weak cover band. It may be time to throw in the towel.

chux7487
chux7487
9/26/2009 02:55 PM

karchy have you lost your god damn mind how many shows did u catch of the 09 tour, they were slaying up there all the way from greensboro to rothbury what are you talking about????

karchy
karchy
9/26/2009 04:58 PM

chux, that was the only show I saw. Used to be a huge dead fan (managed to catch around 40 shows w/Jerry back in the day), besides Phil & Friends @ Rothbury last year haven't listed to them much. I couldn't even sit through their whole set @ Rothbury this year. To me they sounded like they had zero chemistry and were butchering everything. Thats just my opinion, glad you think they sound good, enjoy.

bdaughert
bdaughert
9/26/2009 07:43 PM

thank you hippyguy, you just blew my mind

lovejahlive
lovejahlive
9/27/2009 05:00 AM

http://www.archive.org/details/Furthur

overall
overall
9/27/2009 09:53 AM

These NE dates make it look like we'll see a second straight Warren Haynes Xmas Jam with no members from the GD family. Maybe that bodes well for an appearance by Phish or someone like Steve Winwood????

srr4582
srr4582
9/27/2009 05:54 PM

Bobby needs to set his ego aside and let John sing more of the Jerry tunes. He sounds exactly like him for chrissake!

cookiesthepirate
cookiesthepirate
9/28/2009 02:01 AM

09 dead tour was crap, good only for the sake of posterity... I do like this particular line up though. There's more chemistry in this group, for a couple reasons it seems. I think kreutzmann being out has a fair amount to do with it, too. From what he's said it seems like he not only doesn't get why the grateful dead legacy is still alive and strong, but he's actually against people making a living doing the grateful dead tribute band thing. A valid oppinion of course, but damn I still love the shit outta some grateful dead music, and I'm glad I can still catch it live.

DharmaBhum
DharmaBhum
9/28/2009 11:00 AM

I'm excited for this. I really hope they bring it to the South East.

I never got a chance to see the Grateful Dead live and they are by far, without a doubt my favorite band. After watching and listening to these shows, I'm praying for some more dates.

They will never be able to even remotely come close to doing what the GD did and I honestly don't think they worry about doing that. They know how much their music means to their fans - old & new - and they are friggin musicians. Making music is what they do. I, for one, couldn't be happier (well, if Billy & Mickey were there....maybe???) with this lineup and I hope this isn't over after the North East shows.

rainydayman
rainydayman
9/29/2009 01:52 PM

Oh boy, five shows....wait, what?!?

kovalchuk
kovalchuk
9/29/2009 10:17 PM

listening to the 9.20 show and this is hands down better then "The Dead". Such better chemistry, and once Bobby doesnt sing everything they will really get it going. The jams are so much more tasteful then the boring jams the dead were playing. Looks like John is pushing Bobby and Phil to bring it up tempo a little when they realize its been spaced out for to long. Defiantly going to catch one of these shows.

kovalchuk
kovalchuk
9/29/2009 10:22 PM

listening to the 9.20 show and this is hands down better then "The Dead". Such better chemistry, and once Bobby doesnt sing everything they will really get it going. The jams are so much more tasteful then the boring jams the dead were playing. Looks like John is pushing Bobby and Phil to bring it up tempo a little when they realize its been spaced out for to long. Defiantly going to catch one of these shows.

rainydayman
rainydayman
9/29/2009 10:23 PM

Hey kovalchuk, are you really going to catch one of these shows "defiantly?" (smile)

babybreese
babybreese
10/2/2009 07:34 AM

No thanks. The 09 tour was a drag, Weir's ego is insufferable and his vocals are atrocious. Saw 125 shows with Jerry and I never thought I'd say it, but please pull the bus over , I am getting off. No more wasting my time and money chasing something that simply does not exist anymore.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use