Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

44 Total Messages • Page 2 of 3 • « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 
Further: Dec Northeast Dates
Danimal
Danimal
9/25/2009 03:48 PM

Damn. 2nd night of Hammerstein is on my birthday.

MoreTBA
MoreTBA
9/25/2009 04:15 PM

NOICE!!!

jturner
jturner
9/25/2009 05:38 PM

i absolutely adore GD but im calling it out. i know it wont go over well, but someone has to do it. let the legacy breath. all of these projects of the members are begining to caricturize the very essence of the band. GD did things with original and cover (yes, GD may also go down in history as the best cover band to ever play before too long) tunes that no one had explored, now all of these projects are taking these tunes and trying to replicate the improvisation that made the band so beautiful. The Other Ones, The Dead, phil and friends, mikey and friends, rat dog, JGB, rhythm devils, hydra, further, and a Nationally touring Dead cover band selling tix at a higher price than many of the actual living GD members could sell? i mean seriously. we ALL want to relive those beautiful days and i do believe there is plenty of space for honoring the legacy, but in one rose's opinion, its gone waaaaaaay too far.

kevinSC
kevinSC
9/25/2009 05:59 PM

Sick Sick logo though...don't leave out the TriCromes.

jodessa
jodessa
9/25/2009 07:30 PM

MMMaaannnn!! I hope they come to BUFFFALO THIS SPRING or somewhere near...

caserok
caserok
9/26/2009 05:19 AM

Chicago please

skruuhipie
skruuhipie
9/26/2009 06:47 AM

Asbury Park...cool....I get to go to the gay club next door after the show.

lovejahlive
lovejahlive
9/26/2009 07:10 AM

FYI- Free soundboards on the Further.net site.

rulosa01
rulosa01
9/26/2009 08:03 AM

hellopeace - so do you want bobby and phil to just hang up their instruments? They are still alive and have every right to play. The ticket prices, while high, are nothing outstanding compared to todays other large touring acts. Also, do check out the soundboards cause they are smokin'

I do understand what you are sayin', and if this band sounded like shit it would be another story, but I think the tapes speak for themselves. furthermore many youngins never got to see the Grateful Dead w/ Jerry, so I would say the tour is worthwhile simply for educational purposes, I know many kids who are only beginning their journey into GD's music.

coley420
coley420
9/26/2009 10:25 AM

give a philly show and im there

jturner
jturner
9/26/2009 10:52 AM

rulosa01 - bobby, phil, rob and mikey all have every right to coninue making and playing music any way they see fit, but at this point it feels like the efforts to extend the legacy are the same ones that are begining to minimize its true worth. what would really push the legacy is for one of our beloved guys to come out with some new material that would reaffirm how talented and relevent GD was and continues to be. There are members of ground breaking groups that have gone on to create really great (and unique) music with out creating a dozen reincarnations of the group playing the same songs (though songs I love), that in many of these GD projects sound better played at this point by cover bands, the top of which has no members is making bank off the legacy. i realize its not a popular thing to say right now and its just my humble opinion.

bdaughert
bdaughert
9/26/2009 11:03 AM

dont they have new material here and there?

when i saw the rhythm devils there was(new rob hunter stuff too)

ratdog has originals, phil has originals i believe, even a recent one or few

they arnt putting out albums but they are doing new stuff and reworks here and there

what are you talking about?

hayden4
hayden4
9/26/2009 11:35 AM

hello peace,have you not bent your ear? the music lately is all tweaked out and sounds like JAZZ! smooth with new licks at every corner....the songs might start the same but once their rolling who knows where they are headed.......N.F.A!!!!EVER!!!!!

kovalchuk
kovalchuk
9/26/2009 01:36 PM

anybody know the ticket pricing?

HippyGuy422
HippyGuy422
9/26/2009 01:59 PM

This is good news.....Now do yourself a favor and watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSgiXGELjbc

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use