Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

12 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Yeah Yeah Yeahs | 09.10 | California
JamBase
JamBase
9/24/2009 12:00 AM

Yeah Yeah Yeahs | 09.10 | California
Yeah Yeah Yeahs bring along YACHT and prove why they are one of the preeminent acts of the day...

deadpig79
deadpig79
9/24/2009 04:32 PM

That band of chicks blow!

johnnygoff
johnnygoff
9/24/2009 05:00 PM

i agree deadpig.

i stood through their entire set @ bonnaroo and was pretty disappointed. I didnt really get what the fuss was all about.

it was more about stage antics from Karen O than actual good music. I tried. I really did to get it.

there was virtually no energy and Karen O came off more as a novelty act who hogged the spotlight (at one point, pretending to 'blow' the microphone) from her band peers.

sorry jambase, Yeah Yeah Yeahs are Meh Meh Meh to me.

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
9/24/2009 05:56 PM

There's one chick, two dudes, not really a band of chicks.

Pretty horrid live as well, production can bite you in the ass.

rdawson124
rdawson124
9/24/2009 07:13 PM

I fucking do not like this band and really felt the need to post this on here.

schofizzl
schofizzl
9/24/2009 11:06 PM

i thought on conan they had two chicks and two dudes.. maybe i'm wrong but either way it blew. i have friends who like this band so i gave them a fair shot as i will with any band and they just don't do it for me! it's all about karen o and she's not very good so, there it is.

deadpig79
deadpig79
9/25/2009 06:48 AM

Nope, pretty sure they are all women.

electronicjams
electronicjams
9/25/2009 08:48 AM

YACHT BLOWS!!! saw them in urbana, had to be close to the worst set of music ive seen ever. beats are mediocre, SINGERS RUIN IT!

chux7487
chux7487
9/25/2009 11:01 AM

this band is awful, i have seen them briefly live and was appalled but decided to give them a second chance on iclips.net after they replaced the beasties and whoa wish i had that hour back

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
9/25/2009 01:14 PM

"meh meh meh"

lol

also mistaking hipster guys for female = hilarious

also agree with the productions comments, they dont have a honed live sound. fun show for sure if youre into the music, shes really energetic its hard not to like it.

sandoz
sandoz
9/26/2009 11:43 AM

it's a club show, nuff said

PimpMCGeorge
PimpMCGeorge
9/28/2009 07:33 AM

The only time I've seen them was at Bonnaroo, but I was in no mental shape to fairly judge their performance. I do know that their guitarist thought they did a shitty job and smashed his guitar after their set.

They're playing in my neighborhood (Williamsburg, Brooklyn - hipster capital) this week and the locals are acting like the pope's coming to town. Fuck all that noise.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use