Dark Star Orchestra.: NYE Shows
JamBase
JamBase
9/24/2009 12:00 AM

Dark Star Orchestra.: NYE Shows

caserok
caserok
9/24/2009 07:21 AM

Time to come to Chicago, it has been too long.

Wild_Flowers
Wild_Flowers
9/24/2009 09:39 AM

Thank you Thank you Thank you DSO...I'm ready for another Cosmic New Years!

Bme804
Bme804
9/24/2009 09:52 AM

Hell YES. Thank you Dark Star. Last year was amazing. I know you will do it again! And thank you again for coming back to the norva and national. Dream come true.

honkeyTRON
honkeyTRON
9/24/2009 12:04 PM

Am I the only one who thinks its ironic that just a few weeks after Kreutzman says that Dark Star should "play their own music", Phil and Bobby start a new band with John Kadlecik from DSO (Furthur)?

rejunkulous
rejunkulous
9/24/2009 01:37 PM

fuck. no furthur?

cliftonhanger
cliftonhanger
9/24/2009 03:16 PM

everyone has their own opinions. DSO rock and could make a nice living in Vegas. i saw a few tunes from "further" on youtube and it looks like Bobby was singing most of the Jerry tunes. if they are going to get a jerry impersonator, then why not let "jerry" do his own tunes. i still have a tough time listening to Bobby sing Terrepin.

gregboyer
gregboyer
9/25/2009 06:25 AM

Cliftonhanger, I'm with you man. Bobby has been doing terrible versions of Jerry's songs for almost 15 years now. When I heard about Further I thought the same thing because DSO always does them better. WTF is the point? The other thing is there are a lot of great Bobby songs that he doesn't play with Ratdog or anybody anymore (Lazy Lightning, I Need A Miracle, many covers like Woman Smarter and Race Is On). The Columbus show was really good mostly because he layed off the Jerry stuff and Jack Straw was great.

PCPrabbit
PCPrabbit
10/6/2009 01:46 PM

i thought the same thing honkytron. the name Furthur seems like a slight dig at kreutzman's recent comments.

RubbleBubble
RubbleBubble
10/23/2009 02:33 PM

Ok so Further plays in SF on NYE while DSO plays Baltimore, my questions is where does John Kadlecik find himself through all this, is anyone knows or has info on this let me know

TimkoNug
TimkoNug
11/18/2009 07:58 PM

Someone told me John is out of Dark Star and the guy from the Zen Tricksters is in. I'm curious to see if that is the case. It would make sense because Robby Burroco used to play with the Tricksters back in the day. Shouldn't Jambase have the crack street team working on this info?

TiedyeVikki
TiedyeVikki
11/19/2009 01:48 AM

@ TimkoNug: Umm, JamBase IS on it... the news is posted on DSO's website too... and their newsletter, if you're signed up... here ya go...

http://www.jambase.com/articles/story.aspx?storyID=20483

--Vik

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use