The Avett Brothers Exclusive Video Premiere
JamBase
JamBase
9/22/2009 12:00 AM

The Avett Brothers Exclusive Video Premiere

music_man86
music_man86
9/22/2009 07:58 AM

I've listened to these guys, and I've liked what I've heard. But as a whole from what I hear people are all over the place on these guys. I know a lot people who are stark raving mad for these guys, and I know equally as many people who just hate it.

rchasei
rchasei
9/22/2009 11:22 AM

some people get it. others don't

consider me stark raving mad

marionc
marionc
9/22/2009 02:25 PM

these are some thoughtful yet simple guys playing their asses off across the country. npr is streaming the new cd right now. worth a listen, but their live shows are where its at.

srr4582
srr4582
9/22/2009 03:01 PM

If you like what you've heard, why do you give a damn about how many people hate it?

toestothenose
toestothenose
9/22/2009 03:57 PM

Love these guys and really have yet to hear someone who doesn't like what they hear especially when they see them live.

Here's there show at the newport folk fest from this summer with some splendid renditions of I and Love and you and Kick drum Heart from the new album.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=111329995

Distraction_420
Distraction_420
9/23/2009 12:44 PM

Their albums are good, but as marionc said the live shows are where you really see what they are about. Definitely you can take some good things lyrically from their albums but until you see them live you can't get their pulse. I haven't listened to the new album on NPR yet but I imagine a song like "Kick drum Heart" is most likely going to disappoint after seeing it live.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use