Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

27 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
FYF Fest | 09.05 | Los Angeles
JamBase
JamBase
9/16/2009 12:00 AM

FYF Fest | 09.05 | Los Angeles
SoCal hipsters flock to the annual FYF Fest for No Age, Lightning Bolt, Wavves, Kurt Vile and more...

digmusiccitylive
digmusiccitylive
9/16/2009 09:42 PM

Really great article, I went to the Fuck Yeah Festival in 2007 on my first and only trip to LA and thought it was cool as hell. It was a great way for an out-of-towner to check out all the clubs around Echo Park. Bummer to see it has changed formats, guess they can probably attract some bigger acts and I can imagine its a lot less of a headache to put together now.

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
9/16/2009 10:32 PM

Ummmm, 33 acts, 4 reviwed?

c'mon jambase! I didn't even go and I could give a better review than that.

rastarusty
rastarusty
9/16/2009 11:28 PM

Jambase should be big enough now that they can afford to make it to shows and review them well, get good solid pics from the shows.

Never heard of this fest but 4 bands is pretty weak.

moemoe6434
moemoe6434
9/17/2009 04:55 AM

I agree, this is one of the weakest coverages of a festival I have seen.

randyfloyd
randyfloyd
9/17/2009 05:48 AM

well, at least now you've know about something you didn't know about before. and knowing is half the battle

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
9/17/2009 05:59 AM

Does that mean the writer got half a paycheck?

delaneyira
delaneyira
9/17/2009 07:05 AM

They should have dropped a gigantic bomb on those faggot ass hipsters. What a bunch of disgusting sheep. All those feminine faggot ass dudes. All those stupid looking girls. Looks like something out of doctor s000s. Look at the stupid little whos with thier stupid oversize sun glasses and stupid outfits. Normally i dont give a shit what a person looks like but this hipster thing must go. Somehow the fasion and PR industries have created a brand identity bassed on looking retarded. You people have no idea what the fasion and PR industry are doing to you. Ill leave you with this. UGG boots(all the stupid insecure girlies think they need to wear to look "cool"). Probably the biggest inside joke in human history. I can imagine a banker, a fasion designer, a pr expert and an editor for rolling stone or MTV or something like that, sitting around a conference table going. WOW, these people will do anything we say, wear anything we say, act anyway we tell them. Lets see how far we can take this. How about this, well create a new line of boots. Make them look like something a nomadic indian crossing the berring strait might wear. Well even call them fucking UGGGS!!!!!! And i garuntee ig we market them appropriately, even though they are called fucking UGGly they will buy it because looking cool(which is a herd concept) is far more important to these people than not looking stupid. It is so important to these people that they will allow us to place our testicles on thier faces with a huge inside joke and will pretend its not happening. Tell me, do you still think your stupid fucking ugg boots are cool? Do you still want to dress up like a faggot ass feminine hipster? Listen to me, im telling you, hipster, emo, punk... its all a big fucking joke, and the joke is on you stupid shits. Fucking kill yourselves you pathetic losers. One last thing, i am going to predict that people are going to whine about this post. Not only that, people who want to protect thier corney little world view style(hipster, emo) are going to get all self righteouos and pick my little post apart and say something smarmy like "huhhh huh huh... look all his miss spellings, whos he calling stupid." well, sure i miss spell, at least i dont look like some pussy wearing a fucking too too with a pink mohawk. And if you dont like my language well fuck off, it is what it is...

drdank551
drdank551
9/17/2009 07:19 AM

Yo, who are you talking to guy, what Hipsters go on this website, you should have posted this comment on Pitchfork, nice work!

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
9/17/2009 07:28 AM

delaneyira: Just because you know fashion sucks doesn't mean that you don't suck equally as hard.

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
9/17/2009 07:32 AM

I'd rather hang out with the tightest pant wearing, fixie riding, creepy mustache having hipster than a full bearded, crooked hat, patchwork pant, 7 inch thick dreaded wookie any day.

I can tell from all your swearing that you obviously have a bad vocabulary, as well as your poor grammar. I'll pray for you.

toestothenose
toestothenose
9/17/2009 07:52 AM

I bet Lucero shredded that fest incredibly well.

would the Hipster who pissed in Del's cornflakes step fwd...

jamboe
jamboe
9/17/2009 08:11 AM

Latent homosexuality anyone? Del, just make out with a Daddy and get it over with, you'll feel WAY better.

Rebels3
Rebels3
9/17/2009 08:24 AM

wow, you really took all that time to type all that shit up huh? i guess your the real cool guy that isn't comforming. you "keep it real" yeah rock on!! who gives a shit. if they want to dress the way they do. maybe they will stop dressing feminine becasue you said it is gay. your word has been heard... fucking tool.

chux7487
chux7487
9/17/2009 10:12 AM

appears to be a hipster fest

fail

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use