The Black Crowes: Before The Frost...
JamBase
JamBase
9/1/2009 12:00 AM

The Black Crowes: Before The Frost...

indio
indio
9/2/2009 01:26 AM

Always down to Hear what the Crowes are into. One of the best Amorican rock-n-roll bands around!

This Cook fella may be a nice guy but Boi is this article toothy. To paraphrase Eddie Harsch: 'go back and look again because you usually don't need a quarter of what's there'

always sounds like good advice......no hatin'--just contemplatin'

BubdaAmorican
BubdaAmorican
9/2/2009 09:16 AM

This album is heaven. I love new Crowes!!!

mtnjam421
mtnjam421
9/2/2009 09:22 AM

Great review of a great album Mr. Cook. I've had this album on repeat since I picked up. A friend sent me a leaked version that only had Before the Frost... but I knew after a couple listens I had to have Until the Freeze as well. Well worth the purchase, do yourself a favor and go pick up this album today. So refreshing to see the Crowes exploring new territory.

tourfan
tourfan
9/2/2009 09:22 PM

Well now, I've only listened to four songs to this point. I hope that I can stream through the whole CD via this Lala thing. But, my point is, that after just four songs so far, this CD is WAY, WAY, WAY, WAY better than Warpaint. This is what I expect to hear from a Black Crowes recording. WOW!!!!

tourfan
tourfan
9/2/2009 10:37 PM

I've listemed to the whole thing now, and I can confirm --- This is the BEST Black Crowes CD since Amorica. I'll put this right up there with Southern Harmony any day. Wow! Who says streaming doesn't sell records.

BubdaAmorican
BubdaAmorican
9/3/2009 09:53 AM

Dead Issues, I know, BUT this album gets better and better each listen. Dear F-ing God it is good. Sweet Chicken!

crowesfan
crowesfan
9/3/2009 10:19 AM

Great Band. Album is unbelievably good. Everyone should go pick it up. Maybe we can get someone cool back on the billboard charts

dedhed6111
dedhed6111
9/3/2009 04:14 PM

great album, great review, but. . . you don't need to be fuckin with them stems & seeds, pal; it's 2009, the kind organi is everywhere

kizzy1
kizzy1
9/5/2009 07:31 AM

anyone else hearing Tennesee Jed seeping through Good Morning Captain???

puseykev
puseykev
10/24/2009 09:17 PM

This album is best with the volume up to 11! Holy shit! Nice job boys...thanks for bringing on Luther and Adam!!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use