Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

14 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Dumpstaphunk | 08.15 | San Francisco
JamBase
JamBase
8/24/2009 12:00 AM

Dumpstaphunk | 08.15 | San Francisco
With Eric Krasno & Chapter 2, Dumpsta unloads a truck full of funk on San Francisco's Fillmore...

Chaloupka
Chaloupka
8/24/2009 05:21 PM

Dumpstaphunk is the balls! Best funk on earth!

mikebike
mikebike
8/24/2009 06:33 PM

if you get the chance def give these guys a chance

they killed at Wanee this year

chux7487
chux7487
8/24/2009 08:04 PM

grateful gator- i like ur moves, seconldy

i like ur style

thirdly- hey these guys are awesome bring the ruckus ivan!!

stoweskier
stoweskier
8/24/2009 09:00 PM

great review...keep the funk alive!

audunb
audunb
8/25/2009 12:47 AM

Very nice review indeed. Now its about time DP releases their first full length album!

gibbons
gibbons
8/25/2009 05:07 AM

Dumpstaphunk is a great band to see. Saw them in Wilmington DE this summer and got some good pictures... check them out here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/marinerphoto/sets/72157620285576655/

Enjoy... Keep the funk alive!

fluffdon
fluffdon
8/25/2009 07:19 AM

i disagree about the idea notion that the funk scene is weak right now. Ever heard of THE MOTET and all their side projects!!! They bring the funk sweeter than any band i ever heard. What about the Boston Horns, Lettuce?? The BearCreek Music festival in Northern Florida is almost completely focused on improvisational funk dance groove music....sick!

bigchris
bigchris
8/25/2009 03:03 PM

fun show, they gave me a nice JazzFest flashback last Friday. Lots of cute ladies, which was nice to see. They really brought the funk and then some. Great booty shakin' fun.

Too bad the Fillmore was only 1/2 full, they should have pumped this show more. Great night of music.

cool pics and review too.

ericgorsuch
ericgorsuch
8/25/2009 03:03 PM

Nice read Justin. Thanks for the review. Can't wait for Labor Day weekend to catch these guys at Hookahville

pauliewalnuts
pauliewalnuts
8/25/2009 03:23 PM

Actually bigchris it was more like 2/3rds full.... but still could have been pumped up a lil more....Next time homey!! & yes dere wuz sum very hot ladies!!!

gimmemusic
gimmemusic
8/25/2009 03:38 PM

Could the measure of great funk, or any great music, be that it lifts your spirits even after your constitutional rights and personal liberties have been violated by commandos with guns? If so, Dumpsta is the real deal because after a raid at a festy in PA, they endured and laid it down. Perhaps the best lyric from the busted fest..."Whatcha gonna do when the DEA comes raiding & pointing guns at ya, throw it in Dumpsta"

PS to the author - while your point may be that there's not enough young funk bands out there, let's not generalize and discredit those that are. Peace thru funk, right on, right on.

stoweskier
stoweskier
8/26/2009 07:25 AM

agreed, also, check out the macpodz if you're looking for a young, up and coming band with lots of jazzy/funky elements. also, lettuce really should be touring together more because they bring it.

McPoyle
McPoyle
8/28/2009 12:18 PM

chopped up, nitty gritty, grinding funk rhythms. Double Ba-ba-bass.

I'd like to see this Ch.2 as well. Kraz makes any outfit sounds sweet as a nut, tasty licks he's got, yes.

Traffic Jam! MMW, Karl Denson, Dumpsta!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use