Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

56 Total Messages • Page 1 of 4 • 1 2 3 4 Next » 
Lesh, Weir, Russo, Lane, Chimenti: New Group "Furthur" for Sept.
JamBase
JamBase
8/14/2009 12:00 AM

Lesh, Weir, Russo, Lane, Chimenti: New Group "Furthur" for Sept.

bow3599
bow3599
8/14/2009 11:20 AM

sounds interesting if they are playing new hunter written songs

Putnameter
Putnameter
8/14/2009 11:44 AM

Holy cow! Looks to be epic. I knew it was only time till John K. jammed with Phil n Bobby. Should be interesting.

Putnameter
Putnameter
8/14/2009 11:45 AM

Holy cow! Looks to be epic. I knew it was only time till John K. jammed with Phil n Bobby. Should be interesting.

N00b
N00b
8/14/2009 11:46 AM

Wow! Since Phil/Rat Dog/Dead are really just GD cover bands this sounds like the premier edition. Kadlecik nails Jerry better than any of the others recruited to fill his shoes so far, and no disrespect to the other line-ups, they were all fun but lacking. This news also explains Bill K's shit talking about DSO.

Badgerboy1
Badgerboy1
8/14/2009 11:48 AM

......can john play at bobs slow speed?.....idk...

also, I like how Bill K. kind of talked down DSO and now bob and phil are playing with someone from DSO and Bill is no where to be seen. Interesting

Joshc104
Joshc104
8/14/2009 11:49 AM

Cheers to the new band - hope that they go further!

We are all looking forward to the new live music.

J. Carpenter

www.jcarpenterdesign.com

rejunkulous
rejunkulous
8/14/2009 11:54 AM

saweeeet. Now announce some more fall dates phil!

ushmielewGD
ushmielewGD
8/14/2009 12:08 PM

bill is kind of a bitch i think.

secondly i hope they tour or at least come to chi so i can see them.

thirdly i want some P&F. that last group of friends was somthing special!

oldfartatplay
oldfartatplay
8/14/2009 12:15 PM

get over bill k.'s remarks-he's entitled to his opinion and has a valid point-you don't have to agree. i didn't actually hear anything like shit talk anyway. the whole D.S.O. debate is kinda dumb i you ask me. here's some real shit-talk for ya though-i'm so very excited to see warren is not a part of this lineup. i was hoping for some summer phil and friends dates, but this is fantastic. maybe hornsby could sit in a couple dates. can't wait.

tourfan
tourfan
8/14/2009 12:16 PM

Hmmmnnnn!!!!!! So I wonder if new songs will come out of this. Or will it be just another Dead Tribute act. Don't get me wrong. I love the Dead, esp with JG. But it is beyond time for Bobby, and even Phil, to move on and play some new songs. I'll take DSO over Ratdog or Phil & Friends any day. But if Bobby and/or Phil played new songs, I'd be pumped to hear it.

tcuchad
tcuchad
8/14/2009 12:37 PM

so let's get this straight tourfan. you want to hear other people try to play dead shows song for song but you don't want to hear people from the actual band play old dead songs? i can't get my head around that one....i do agree that all involved need to start playing some new music!

chuckus
chuckus
8/14/2009 12:41 PM

This is very interesting, especially having read last week's Billy K article. I took what he said about DSO as a dis. It may have been diplomatic and subtle, but I still took it as a dis, which is what makes this interesting to me. But that's neither here nor there when it comes to the music, and I'm sure Further is going to be pretty effing sweet. Be interesting to see how it finally materializes.

irtimed
irtimed
8/14/2009 12:59 PM

Billy makes a good point though. DSO is a bunch of nerdy uncreative (really nice) douche bags. It's so strange that you would dedicate your musical talent to trying to copy someone else's music. It's really pathetic how much attention they get for being a cover band.

titaniumstarship
titaniumstarship
8/14/2009 01:01 PM

you know, i was just thinking to myself...you know who i havent heard and seen enough from? Bob Weir and Phil Lesh. lol. glad to see that they brought in a non-head in Russo. He should bring some ass-kicking to the party.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use