denverguy
8/13/2009 12:26 PM

"I had no idea that Bruno was a member of Of Montreal."

Just what I was thinking.

The Cubs suck.

Badgerboy1
Badgerboy1
8/13/2009 12:28 PM

Tool def. needs to change the set list up. but in their defense the visual aspect of their show is so planned out for specific songs that its tough to change up a lot. But yeah new tour, new set list. come on.

Also great job getting some pictures of tool. O wait there were like 2.......

PS YYY r awful lol

"Vocalist-frontman Maynard James Keenan commented on the incredible gulf between the two bands headlining Saturday night in the most sarcastic of tones: "The only shame is that we had to miss the Yeah Yeah Yeahs,"" freakin awesome

downtownentertai…
downtownentertai…
8/13/2009 12:57 PM

Band of Horses was legendary. Jane's didn't wait until 8:40 PM, they started right at 8:15 PM. Good for Ben and BoH for sticking up for themselves after Lou Reed (somebody put him out of his misery) pulled the biggest diva move of all.

PS...

Jane's Addiction should have probably ended when it was suppose to after the first Lollapalooza was suppose to be their farewell tour. When was their last record released?

"F*ck that! We're going to blow that shit out!" - Ben Bridwell

circlelimit
circlelimit
8/13/2009 01:16 PM

Going forward, Jambase should have at least two reviewers at these big fests. I've enjoyed some of the recent reviews that offer two reviews of the same band/set. Goes to show how different the perceptions in the audience can be.

Tool does need to change up their setlist. I'm very surprised that a band with such a high level of musicianship sticks their very loyal fans with the same setlist year after year. I totally understand the visual aspects of their show (extremely cool) dictating the need for a planned out set but after a tour or two it's time to change things up. I was at the Mile High Fest in Denver a few weeks ago and the Tool army was out in full force. WAY more Tool shirts than any other band that day. Dedicated fans deserve more...

STEG187
STEG187
8/13/2009 02:53 PM

I just wanna give daps for the Depeche Mode inclusion. Never thought I'd see the day.

Thorough job

~bg~

chux7487
chux7487
8/13/2009 05:01 PM

YYYs are one of the worst things in music today

ssucaet
ssucaet
8/14/2009 06:53 AM

Carl,

Phish Sucks!

Black Joe Lewis RULES! Baby I'm broke!

boomnasty420
boomnasty420
8/14/2009 12:01 PM

Tool Blows! Yeah, great songs to listen to on CD, but I'll never go see them again. Anyone could've got drunk on jack, get pissed at the world, and watched their videos at loud volume...in their PARENTS BASEMENT. Shit was awful. Its like TOOL fans are only TOOL fans, without ever thinking there may be something better........we'll here's a thought.........everything is better. Screw the visual production, how bout show us the band, and let people see how much you dont care (clearly dont care, with the same shit for the last half decade.) GO CUBS.

josh99
josh99
8/19/2009 09:42 PM

Lou Reed looks absolutely terrible, like the freakin' emperor from star wars; both are some ugly mofos fo' sho'

mattlew
mattlew
8/29/2009 03:29 PM

Great weeken!!! Thanks for all the reviews and great pictures!! I love to read other peoples views of the shows.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use