Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

40 Total Messages • Page 2 of 3 • « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 
Lollapalooza | 08.07-08.09 | Chicago
mrunner7
mrunner7
8/12/2009 10:39 PM

Go start a mosh pit you "Tool". If you actually read the review the writer clearly liked the show and thought it was cool. He was just describing the music and the scene exactly how it should be. And you are right about going to see the Biscuits. Trade in your black, get a tie-die, and take your LSD and check out a 45 minute DARKSTAR to find the true meaning of life.

P.S. I was at Lolla and Robert Earl Keen was no doubt the best show of the weekend

digmusiccitylive
digmusiccitylive
8/12/2009 10:39 PM

I took some videos at the fest:

Tool- "Forty Six & 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p3xsBPVEnA

Santigold- "Say Aha"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3qc7KAmKS8

Delta Spirit- "People Turn Around"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26HsZWtkd5U

Depeche Mode- "In Chains"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT9jpBqlOoM

Fleet Foxes- "Mykonos"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxSsNY584-M

rdawson124
rdawson124
8/12/2009 10:47 PM

TOOL is the shit, Sts9 is the shit, John Hartford is the shit, Pearl Jam is the Shit, Grateful Dead is the shit, J Dilla is the shit, i'm the shit, Amon Tobin is the shit, Femi and Fela Kuti are the shit, Radiohead is the shit, Porcupine Tree is the shit, Doc Watson is the shit, Dj Shadow is the shit......theres too much out there too be getting into arguments.

hookahhead2
hookahhead2
8/13/2009 05:40 AM

if you don't think tool is dark and demented than you are ignorant. read any lyric to any song, any cd cover, cd booklet, anything tool related and you will soon learn that their vibe is all about darkness and self mutilation and the like. and this is coming from someone who thinks they are fantastic musicians. doesn't make it bad music, but i would say it is prety apparent what kind of vibe they're going for.

DharmaBhum
DharmaBhum
8/13/2009 06:57 AM

Wow...that was definitely one of the best reviews of this years festivals thus far. (IMO)

I thought it was great to put the 2 opposing Animal Collective reviews in there. Personally, I love Animal Collective. Especially the material off of their last 3 albums. You either love em' or hate em. Theres not much in between for AC.

Good job with this Jambase.

chux7487
chux7487
8/13/2009 09:07 AM

this is easily the worst festival of the year and boasts the most horrific lineup of all time with a few exceptions snookered in (tool, sts9 etc.) i am SO glad i will never go to this unless they get fuckin like RATM or daft punk.

jazzfester
jazzfester
8/13/2009 09:58 AM

I had no idea that Bruno was a member of Of Montreal.

claypoolsclam
claypoolsclam
8/13/2009 10:50 AM

first off Mrunner i hate mosh pits at shows and have been thankful that atleast the shows i made it too on this TOOL tour were void of such areas, people where relaxed and enjoying the spectacle and yeah the Grateful Dead are fucking phenomenal, born and raised a deadhead and have been to more shows than years you have behind you so don't be dick,

claypoolsclam
claypoolsclam
8/13/2009 10:57 AM

I dont hold myself to any clique its far too predictable. and goth kids dont like TOOL atleast the ones I've met, why is it that when someone shows a strong opinion they must be a teenager? I havent been there for almost a decade and most teenagers are fucking braindead nowadays. And no I dont bleong to a chruch of maynard because there are 3 other people in the band not one man so if anything im an avid member of the church of Tool. know what youre talking about before running your mouth. dipshit

claypoolsclam
claypoolsclam

I dont hold myself to any clique its far too predictable. and goth kids dont like TOOL atleast the ones I've met, why is it that when someone shows a strong opinion they must be a teenager? I havent been there for almost a decade and most teenagers are fucking braindead nowadays. And no I dont bleong to a chruch of maynard because there are 3 other people in the band not one man so if anything im an avid member of the church of Tool. know what youre talking about before running your mouth. dipshit

claypoolsclam
claypoolsclam

claypoolsclam
claypoolsclam
8/13/2009 10:58 AM

i dont know why that showed up 3 times sorry everybody

claypoolsclam
claypoolsclam
8/13/2009 11:06 AM

and i never once said that he didnt like the show that wasnt the point of my complaint and i was drinking whiskey all nite when i made those posts so take that into consideration...sorry

claypoolsclam
claypoolsclam
8/13/2009 11:07 AM

and there is no one song to identify the meaning of life...do you really think there is...and its not the song its your mind...the song just give your brain a place to play

skidazzle420
skidazzle420
8/13/2009 11:12 AM

ok i'll admit...i'm kinda mad at myself for not going :(

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use