Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

13 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Yes/Asia | 07.29 | New Jersey
JamBase
JamBase
8/10/2009 12:00 AM

Yes/Asia | 07.29 | New Jersey
Take a straight and stronger course to the corner of your life, with Yes and Asia...

Ilikephish531
Ilikephish531
8/10/2009 06:08 PM

everyone should listen to more yes.

galactic44
galactic44
8/10/2009 10:33 PM

I know this is where it all came from- but c'mon', Yes? No.I'm not a prog-rocker, don't even like Phish's prog rock thang (which is a huge part of that band, I KNOW!)I can't even sit through a Rush show, so my ears would be bleeding by the time Asia left the stage, I'd be dead 4 songs into Yes...

mfgoof
mfgoof
8/11/2009 05:17 AM

Galactic44, you sound like the owner of a lonely heart. It's Yes touring with Asia. You'd dance your ass off in the heat of the moment.

mesaxi
mesaxi
8/11/2009 05:27 AM

haha mfgoof, I'm not much for puns but under the circumstances I'll take it. Anyone who claims that Yes is a snoozer obviously hasn't seen them, and/or hasn't heard the right songs. Sounds like a Bisco/STS9 fan (not that there's anything wrong with those bands, but true musicianship is lost on the type).

PimpMCGeorge
PimpMCGeorge
8/11/2009 07:46 AM

I don't know as much Yes as I should, but I do know that "I've Seen All Good People" and "Roundabout" are fairly sweet songs. Well played, mfgoof

Fanofbrew
Fanofbrew
8/11/2009 08:36 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eFyevOrnAc

Blakemeister
Blakemeister
8/11/2009 09:29 AM

Saw this show in KC for my 23rd and it was a real gut buster. Those guys can still tear it up every night. Favorite song all night was Heart of the Sunrise. Listen to that song and then imaginge 60 year olds playing it. It will blow your mind out of your ass.

bigchris
bigchris
8/11/2009 03:43 PM

caught this at the Warfield in July, it was killer. I was very impressed with Asia, they had a ton of versatility. Yes was just fantastic and really polished. Heart of Sunrise was a mind blower as a closer.

Great review too, this guy really got it.

gregboyer
gregboyer
8/12/2009 09:00 AM

Galactic44, how can you diss Yes and Rush, two of the best live touring acts of the last 35 years. Obviously you've never seen either. Close To The Edge, Heart Of The Sunrise and Starship Trooper are masterpieces(as is Rush's 2112). Nobody made music quite like this before or since. I love Grateful Dead, Phish, and yes Galactic (more so in the Houseman days) but prog rock-don't knock it till you try it, especially live.

gregboyer
gregboyer
8/12/2009 09:00 AM

Galactic44, how can you diss Yes and Rush, two of the best live touring acts of the last 35 years. Obviously you've never seen either. Close To The Edge, Heart Of The Sunrise and Starship Trooper are masterpieces(as is Rush's 2112). Nobody made music quite like this before or since. I love Grateful Dead, Phish, and yes Galactic (more so in the Houseman days) but prog rock-don't knock it till you try it, especially live.

sleepdirt
sleepdirt
8/12/2009 09:25 AM

John Wetton era King Crimson is some of the most adventurous music I've ever come across.

carnivore2k
carnivore2k
8/14/2009 11:48 PM

I'm not really here to defend Asia or anything like that, but man what a lame negative review. I thought the crypt keeper comment was hilarious, but the rest is just a bunch of crap. What a bad match of band and critic. Why did you go to the show? Because you had to? Do you like any music at all? Maybe you just like Phish and whatever Trey says goes. Review whatever you actually like. It will be more pleasant for the rest of us. Spare your negative crap for another time and place.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use