Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

36 Total Messages • Page 3 of 3 • « Previous 1 2 3 
Michael Houser: 7 Years Gone We Remember The Lingering Lead
Chummerone
Chummerone
8/11/2009 10:24 AM

Great Stuff Kayceman - Thank you for posting these phenomenal moments over Mikey's career and during the span of a band that shaped my soul and continues to this day - I was at Red Rocks 2000 and that weekend was so magical, we got that famous rainbow that was sent all over the internet over the stage that weekend. That show, those great Horde runs in my early days and Oak Mountain 2001 were awesome - Count Basie in NJ on JB's birthday in 95 for my first real "Panic Only" show and in my hometown of Red Bank was quite spectacular as well as Beacon in 01 DiscoDiner - remember standing a few feet from Mike that night - Miss Mikey - Miss His Lead and Grateful for his Presence - Thanks again Kayceman and Thank You WideSpread Panic - A true Treasure of American Music

All the Best,

Chummer

boknows
boknows
8/11/2009 02:10 PM

Thanks Kayceman, Jambase and YouTube for this. Been pretty much doing this myself for the last week with the Jerry and Mikey anniversaries. God bless them both.

One more week till the 18th anniversary of my first Panic show, (8/16/91 Reading Airport). Been thru a lot since then but Mikey and the Boys were always on my side.

10 days till Panic N Allmans in Camden. SICKNESS!!!

denverguy
denverguy
8/11/2009 02:32 PM

It's been a while since I heard that Dottie Peoples Tall Boy, great stuff, will never forget that show.

One of my favorite Mikey moments came at a show after he had passed, I'm pretty sure it was the first show after he passed, at Fiddlers Green in CO. 2nd set lights go out and every person in attendance was holding a candle, many were crying, and the band rips into a "Papa Legba" which seemed like it was intended to raise the dead. Powerful.

damoncory
damoncory
8/12/2009 07:37 AM

I had never seen / heard Panic the first time I saw them in Ames IA 97, I was completely blown away by the band, and especially Mikey. I've been hooked ever since. I was up front for that Bonnaroo Tall Boy > Testify. After they finished the jam I turned around to take a look around the crowd. The look on almost everyones face was pricless! RIP Mikey

Mazycranza
Mazycranza
8/12/2009 10:27 AM

Caught 35 Houser shows, and 21 McConnell/Herring shows from 1999 to present. The real Panic died on that day in August. I was at this 3 night run in New Orleans and nothing has come close to matching it. We were press box, hanging with Dr. Arvin Scott. Scott got my boys ticket signed by the entire band. The lingering lead is Panic. I still love the Panic but its not the insane psychodelic experience it used to be. Still "having a good time" but it ain't the same. It seems alot of the older heads have jumped off tour too...which was half the fun. Jimmy rips it up...I hated George. But the Panic sound was never meant to be ripped...only slowly lead along. Something Phish heads never understand at a Spread show. Now I find myself on Bisco tour discovering a whole new experience...but I'll always remember my roots.

lovemusical
lovemusical
8/12/2009 08:30 PM

^Very, very well put. Agree with every word of it. (except I'm not a Bisco fan). I still like having a good time with the boys. Chicago with tthe Allmans is next for me. Another band with some major line up changes over the years. However, we can all rest assured that even without Mikey and Duane physically present, Jimmy, Warren and Derek will do their best!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use