Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

9 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
NWSS | 07.16 - 07.19 | OR
JamBase
JamBase
8/7/2009 12:00 AM

NWSS | 07.16 - 07.19 | OR
YMSB welcomes the Kinfolk home for the 8th NWSS featuring perhaps the strongest lineup yet...

CoreyBauer
CoreyBauer
8/7/2009 06:59 PM

of all weekends for my cousin to get married....

favorite venue, favorite bands....

ridiculous....

dylanfan388
dylanfan388
8/8/2009 10:04 AM

looked like a wonderful time....great write-up!!!! can't wait for yonder to hit the northeast!!!!!!

PastorTim
PastorTim
8/8/2009 04:22 PM

Ms. Hagerman's done it again. How she grabs moments to write all of that down whilst dancing, laughing, and greeting friends is beyond me, but I'm sure glad she does because her writing always "takes me home" to String Summit. And that Bill Ball guy takes some pretty awesome photos too. Gee, do we really have to wait 11 months to do it again???

timmyp
timmyp
8/8/2009 10:48 PM

Gotta get there sometime. LONG ways from home. Thanks for the great review.

d2wesside
d2wesside
8/9/2009 07:04 AM

Would love to get out to NWSS sometime. Thanks for the great, thorough review and pictures of the good times had by all! East Coast loves Montana Slim String Band!!

toestothenose
toestothenose
8/10/2009 06:20 AM

Splendid read Sarah! This looks like such a great time - I'd love to just travel around and hit all of these intimate experiences. So many musicians to discover from this review.

dvandkq
dvandkq
8/11/2009 10:24 AM

Love seeing a photo with my wife and son (wearing the white mask, with the Tyler Fuqua in the alligator costume picture) on Jambase! Woo Hoo!

This was our second String Summit, and we love Hippie Summer Camp at Horning's Hide-Out! If you ever get a chance to make the Strummit, DO!

LondonDeadhead
LondonDeadhead
9/24/2009 04:58 PM

Hi y'all,

Thanks so much for reading...

Just have to mention some corrections to the TAARKA section -

On the stage were actually Enion Pelta-Tiller, Ryan Drickey, David Tiller (mandolin/tenor guitar) and Troy Robey (upright bass)

Also, "50 Miles of Elbow Room" was actually written by the Rev. F.W. McGee in the 30's although DeMent's version is quite lovely.

Sincere apologies for the oversights, and thanks again for the all the feedback, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Sarah :)

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use