moe. Adds Dates: Halloween in Albany, NY
JamBase
JamBase
8/7/2009 12:00 AM

moe. Adds Dates: Halloween in Albany, NY

Oceanside
Oceanside
8/7/2009 10:15 AM

The Armory is right up the block from my apt! Best news ever! I've never caught a moe halloween show, do they go big?

southfork
southfork
8/7/2009 10:44 AM

Check out the Armory in Albany. It's an old assed castle looking thing, perfect setting for a Hallomoe.ween throw down. Oh sure you're going to the Phish thing on the left coast. I'm not, can't do it. I'm going to the Armory booys and gouls. I'll be packing up the Mystery Machine full of scooby snacks and we're going to solve the mystery of "The Ghost of Ralph's Mom". Zoiks!!!!

cookiesthepirate
cookiesthepirate
8/7/2009 10:50 AM

anybody have any insight as to whether or not moe. will be doing nye this year?

rgood01
rgood01
8/7/2009 11:05 AM

(ranting) #1) moe. forgets that Minnesota is a state every time they go to Wisconsin. #2) The Rave in Milwaukee, WI is the most-assy venue they could possibly play in WI, sketchy neighborhood, horrible security, expensive drinks, hotter than hell environment, it's just a buzz kill. We want some MN MOE!

everydayuwantmore
everydayuwantmore
8/7/2009 11:14 AM

Who cares...moe. was good in the late 90s and has since lost their SAC....seriously....saw them in Bmore at the Ram's Head Live, after giing htem another shot from a HORRIBLE show in Charleston, SC...an dI will no longer waste $$$ to see Rob tickle his balloon knot while Chuck tongue punches it...

nomadkidd
nomadkidd
8/7/2009 12:12 PM

Brilliant insight "smackinthecrispies" now we can all stop going to see moe. shows. Thanks for the heads up. Now I am the moe.ron.

okalrightic
okalrightic
8/7/2009 12:51 PM

moe. owns, get real smack

rastarusty
rastarusty
8/7/2009 01:14 PM

Moe. is possibly my favorite touring jamband right now.

I think they are underated if anything.

Best news of the week. Well that and scoring phish tickets to spac for face.

Def will be there.

Moe.Down10!!! No yonder this year, but it's still gonna be awesome.

Why the moe. hate from so many people? This is Jambase isn't it?

santa1
santa1
8/7/2009 01:40 PM

Love moe. only hate I have for them is they don't play FL, near enough (I know we just had moe. and Ratdog but I still want moe moe.)

Also I've hit the Rave in Milwaukee, it wasn't that bad we did tribe there summer 06. I've definitely been to worse venues, like the 930 club in D.C. or the congress theater in Chicago. The Rave was the first place I heard security say "No Crystals" when I was goin in.

gregboyer
gregboyer
8/7/2009 01:51 PM

C-Bus & KY across the river from Cincy the same week-nice. Both are just a little over an hour from me. Hope they mix the sets up well with two shows in between, this sounds like a good week of taping!

louie1827
louie1827
8/7/2009 06:53 PM

i dont really think the armory is that great a venue, i kinda think i would rather they played the palace instead, though i havent seen a show at the armory in 4-5 years so maybe its better but i remember it just being like my highschool gym with mediocre acoustics. i also just dig classy theaters...

Deadphishbiscuits
Deadphishbiscuits
8/7/2009 09:31 PM

Gonna try to hit up buffalo and when i get back from florida hopefully albany for halloween,

rastarusty
rastarusty
8/7/2009 11:47 PM

louie. I agree with you. I missed moe. the last time they came to the palace, great venue.

I think the armory with moe. would be pretty cool though, place is prolly haunted anyways. I like that little ally outside that you can chill in, nice and mellow.

Just realized something obvious that everyone probably thought of right away. You can't be in too places at once.

Moe. for halloween on my home turf, or the phish festi at indo.

Can't wait for moe.down 10. Yonder threw down last year, but i feel like it'll be just as sick this year

lovemusical
lovemusical
8/8/2009 08:50 AM

Totally agree radio ryan. Milwaukee has one good venue (Riverside theater). I don't hate Milwaukee, but it seems like when alot of bands are on tour through the upper midwest they hit Milwaukee, but no Minneapolis. Do they think Milwaukee is close enough to MN or what? moe. is one of my favorite bands to see live, but I'm not driving 5 hrs. to a shitty venue to see them.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use