Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

23 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
STS9 NYE in Colorado
Grandmasts9
Grandmasts9
8/7/2009 06:39 PM

Wheres My Hotlanta No More I See Atlanta Got To Hot Lets Move It Now! But Sure It Will Be Back! We Should Have Stayed At The Tabby! But It Will Be Fun With A New Playground! New Lights! New Buildings! New Decesions! New Jams! What Up Shout Out To C-Port Late!

lepineisme
lepineisme
8/8/2009 04:58 AM

There are a lot of people that are not liking what STS9 is doing right now. I for one am loving it. They have taken the best of both of my worlds ad made it lovely. They are just killing it right now. Listen to All Good from this year to see a wonderful mix of yesterday and today. I am bummed they will be out west, but I have two kids so I wasn't going to be anywhere for new years so enjoy Colorado heads!

marcsmall1
marcsmall1
8/8/2009 01:12 PM

Wells Fargo theater is terrible....They actually have great accoustics, but the environment is awful....Saw a couple shows there, wasn't even permitted to bring drinks (not even water) inside the actual theater....Don't even try to puff one in there, or you'll be tossed....This is a very sterile venue, usually reserved for someone along the likes of Celine Dion or Johnny Mathis.

I saw both Neil Young and Jeff Beck here, and was told to remain in my seat with no water or pot.

fishbone1
fishbone1
8/9/2009 01:45 AM

fuck that. if i see tribe on new years i wanna dance dammit! I don't want to sit in my freaking seat. eff that.

dsawthestone
dsawthestone
8/10/2009 06:54 AM

there will be nothing they can do with that many soundtribe kids in that large of a GA theatre. that place will be raging, mark my words.

santa1
santa1
8/10/2009 01:08 PM

thieveried: Every year they wait forever to announce their New Years shows, only having those two GA shows up didn't faze me a bit I never thought NYE would be anywhere else. Tribe never was a "jam" band in the traditional sense (I've only been seeing them for about 10 years so I can't speak to pre 1999 with any real authority) They jam but it's always been the funktronic, organic electronic energy that drives their shows. I agree the new stuff i.e. Peace blaseter, I don't dig as much, and for sure early 2000's was the hottest shit tribe has done. But their still relevant and still fuck shit up in my opinion. And yes I AM a sass-head flat brim sideways hat wearing gangster ass hippie, who's always throwing out mad energy on the dance floor, sweating spinnin and circling when Tribe comes on.

Oh yeah; screw phish

cavemandan
cavemandan
8/11/2009 09:16 AM

sts9 should open for bisco nye!

jasonjibboo24
jasonjibboo24
8/31/2009 07:07 AM

So they change their sound, fire Saxton, and pull the plug on the Lowdown? A sad day has come in the world of the Sound Tribe. This is unfortunately the end. We'll always have the good times but you have become a parody of your former selves. Se...e you on MTV $T$1 (minus 8 w/o Sax and the community, you have 1 priority). You have become the opposite of the change you seek in this world. I am embarrassed for you.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use