Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

15 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Wanderlust | 07.24 - 07.26 | Lake Tahoe
JamBase
JamBase
8/4/2009 12:00 AM

Wanderlust | 07.24 - 07.26 | Lake Tahoe
Half yoga/half music fest? Get balanced in the morning and wasted at night? Could this work? Yup!

phi2thelip
phi2thelip
8/4/2009 04:01 PM

man i was hoping to go.. looks like a good time

galactic44
galactic44
8/4/2009 04:30 PM

The Sharon Jones pic is, BY FAR, the best photo I have EVER seen in my 10 years on Jambase. Hands down.

Faaipdeoiad
Faaipdeoiad
8/4/2009 04:45 PM

YuppieLust

fishbone1
fishbone1
8/4/2009 04:51 PM

I love Andrew Bird! great review of his set! looks like yuppielust, indeed.

aaw27
aaw27
8/4/2009 05:15 PM

first festival that was a chickfest and not a sausagefest. music looks great too, but who doesn't like pretty ladies?

dylanfan388
dylanfan388
8/4/2009 05:25 PM

looks like yuppielust to me props on the renaming! oh oh lemme get my designed American apparel shirt!!! a PG-13 version of burning man bitch please....

RichardHaley
RichardHaley
8/4/2009 06:34 PM

Question: Would you rather party with hot chicks who do yoga or crusty-ass wookies? This looks like a damn fine time if you're over the wook-scene.

johnnygoff
johnnygoff
8/4/2009 07:11 PM

IAmaFaker: so kayceman had a sweet vacay with the wife. But it's not like the writeup was seemingly spot-on for a super-scenic 1st year festy. the Photos were great and Kayceman's writeup actually, kinda, maybe, in a wierd way, made me want to endure Pitchfork-esque acts and possibly, maybe, even, kinda Yoga. (do they serve beers with those sessions)

Despite the pseudo-hate for the yupster, indee health-nuts, I love myself Andrew Bird, Jenny Lewis and Kaki King. --- all tremendous people and artists!

Lastly, it doesnt surprise only 4k were at this festy. However, as Kayceman said, with these organizer's history and the right combo for a niche audience, it can only improve. It seems like it was done right.

Imagine NOT HAVING TO TAKE OFF MONDAYS AFTER A FESTIVAL? That's what is intriguing me about WanderLust.

BrotherJoe1
BrotherJoe1
8/4/2009 08:21 PM

That looks like fun. I'm not into yoga, but decent music + beautiful scenery + beautiful northern california women doing yoga...am I missing a problem here? Sounds awesome.

rulosa01
rulosa01
8/5/2009 08:00 AM

Dayum, fine ladies!

Definitely a timid lineup though.

RedHeaven
RedHeaven
8/5/2009 11:05 AM

I live so close to this but didnt attend. Some nice acts, but a little all over the map for my dollars. Burning Man PG 13, hahaha! STill glad this was pulled off, a nice thing to have. However I am SHOCKED that Blue Turtle Seduction was not on this line up....they are rising stars FROM TAHOE. While I adore Big Light, why didnt they add BTS as well? It just seems odd that there would be a festival like this in Tahoe without Blue Turtle. They would of been perfect for Yuppyfest ;) as they are not only a party band, but a band loved by many types and age groups. Shame shame.

If they would spend a little more time creating a more communal line up with some darn Local flavor, I would be there.

rgood01
rgood01
8/5/2009 11:23 AM

I would be totally out of place there, but Rogue Wave has such a great sound. Lake Michigan (check this on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJEB5kQpQzE ) I would have enjoyed it thoroughly.

gvasos
gvasos
8/5/2009 02:48 PM

Seems like a nice alternative to the party like atmosphere at every other fest. It was really nice to see KAYCEMAN mention Evan Farrell, formerly of Rogue Wave who passed away a few years ago. I went to Indiana University where I became close friends with Evan and the rest of the Japonize Elephants in the mid 90's. To this day I have seen a handful of bands who captivated me like the Elephants. They are Indiana School of Music prodigy's who combined bluegrass, klesmir, french folk, jazz, zappa esque, so freakin' mind blowing and original. Anyways, I know the article is about the festival, bu seeing Evan's name brings back wonderful memories. Thanks KAYCE!

hotbot
hotbot
8/6/2009 07:50 AM

I loved this event. Cant wait for next year. Highlight of the weekend in my mind was Jenny Lewis and Wendy Darling. The lead singer girl is amazing ~ and so tall ~ and the band is fun.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use