Phish | 07.31 | Red Rocks Photos 2
JamBase
JamBase
8/1/2009 12:00 AM

Phish | 07.31 | Red Rocks Photos 2

BigErn
BigErn
8/1/2009 10:15 AM

Tweezer>#line>Fluffhead>Piper...I can only imagine.

lizardking1
lizardking1
8/1/2009 10:45 AM

Great show. Great pics. Please take some night shots of this amazing venue. I really want to see what it looks like with Kuroda's lights in action. preferably during the destined 2001 second set opener

thieveried
thieveried
8/1/2009 11:01 AM

much better pictures of the venue that the previous night... keep up the good work boys, i can only imagine what tonight brings.

ushmielewGD
ushmielewGD
8/1/2009 01:30 PM

there should be no more pics taken of trey cause its the same exact pose for the past 20+ years!!

kayceman
kayceman
8/1/2009 02:24 PM

Editor's Note: Hey gang, i generally stay off the boards, but it was brought to my attention that the people are looking for night/light shots of the band/venue (of course you are). I wanted to just chime in and let you know that Phish has a very specific photo policy and for now we are relegated to only shoot the first three songs of the show, which makes it impossible to get the night/light shots. Just wanted to let y'all know so that you didn't think we were slacking! We know how sick Kuroda's lights are, and we know how great they look at Red Rocks, but for now we can't really share such sights with you. Be well. -Kayceman

radioboy
radioboy
8/1/2009 03:04 PM

I mean this with no disrespect to Jambase or Dave Vann, but someone should definitely be taking WAY better shots(day or night) of the band. Is there ever open calls for new photographs? Unfortunately I am not at Red Rocks right now, but will be in Indio and would love to submit shots with a little more flow and feeling? Dave Vann has imo one of the best jobs out there and needs to step it up!

GammaJamma
GammaJamma
8/1/2009 03:59 PM

Radioboy...Thank you for saying what I have been thinking on this whole tour. I met Dave Vann at knoxville and he is a great guy and yes has one of the best jobs out there but he really does need to get some better pics. It's like he's just clicking away and trying to capture good pics with random fire...Mr. Vann I know you are excited and want to enjoy the show but think before you click. thank you jambase for giving us the option of seeing these shows from the comfort of our homes.

hawkleberry
hawkleberry
8/1/2009 07:16 PM

Dave, I want to say I appreciate your photos - many times I've checked them out to see what I missed. Over the years I've realized I can't make all the parties - life has become a lot more complicated than years ago... Anyways, its super cool to see the action and read the stories. Thanks again for the quality shots - and bring on Shoreline!!

memissthedead
memissthedead
8/1/2009 10:40 PM

Two words...Photographer...:

Jay Blakesberg!!

skarz
skarz
8/2/2009 04:19 AM

these photos are weak sauce.

jerzeykid
jerzeykid
8/2/2009 06:55 AM

Who cares about the photos- we should be commenting on the music- and for the first time since their return, the shows are BETTER than the setlist. They are jamming hard. The Curtian With last night was one of the phinest pieces of music that I have heard in 10 years and the Rock and Roll Jam was just silly. These guys are blowing out these jams and the shows are amazing. I wanted to believe that in the last run, but I was just being optimistic, but this is different than Hampton or June- this is really Phish- THIS IS RED ROCKS THIS IS THE EDGE

rp1guy
rp1guy
8/2/2009 07:13 AM

Was that the first Esther post hitaus???

Jahvision
Jahvision
8/2/2009 10:46 AM

I agree that these pics are better than previous attempts. It just seems that Dave's style is his own and seldom changes.

brendan3
brendan3
8/2/2009 10:55 AM

who cares about the pictures, i appreciate them but what's really important is that PHISH is back and from what i hear sounding better and better each night. runon on sentances aside, more pictures and more in depth reviews would be nice. thanks jambase, for keeping us married guys with kids informed.

how about another new england run, i miss the boys already and need an east coast fix!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use