JamBase
JamBase
8/1/2009 12:00 AM

Sat Eye Candy: Jerry Garcia

21mmer
21mmer
8/1/2009 07:14 AM

thanks JB. THANKS JERRY.

....the music never stopped....and never will.

gregboyer
gregboyer
8/1/2009 07:35 AM

Jerry was and always will be the best. If you don't already have 11/9/91 Hampton or some

shows with just Jerry & John Kahn get them. Happy Birthday Captain Trips, we all miss you!

bnaylor
bnaylor
8/1/2009 08:08 AM

happy birthday Jerry. i will enjoy some cherry garcia today for a snack.... thanks greg for a the tip....

pfleghaar
pfleghaar
8/1/2009 08:16 AM

Happy bday to the fatman... One thing though. The Stella Blue video has Donna as the focal point. Why?

johnnygoff
johnnygoff
8/1/2009 08:20 AM

the dude did stare death in the kisser and laughed.

we all the man. Happy bday to Jerry.

(look at those vids and dates and it's like a walking jerry timeline...watching him age)

playfulspirit
playfulspirit
8/1/2009 10:53 AM

tears still come, miss you in the flesh but the spirit you shared with us remains alive and well in so many souls........thanks for leading the way for those who followed and are taking it to the future.......love you still Jerry.....

irtimed
irtimed
8/1/2009 11:42 AM

That black peter is great.

phi2thelip
phi2thelip
8/1/2009 11:48 AM

i'll never forget being 6 years old driving from Chicago to Delaware with my mom and we had one cassette... Steal Your Face... I was hooked.

Nothing left to do but smile smile smile =)

WidespreadMule3
WidespreadMule3
8/1/2009 11:53 AM

happy birthday jerry! we miss you brother!

HighSierraUncle
HighSierraUncle
8/1/2009 11:56 AM

Thanks for posting this nice collection of Jerry videos.

I'd like to point out the sources of a couple of these clips, in case anybody doesn't know.

"New Speedway Boogie" is from Festival Express an excellent documentary about the tour-by-train across Canada that the Dead did in 1970 with Janis Joplin, The Band and many others. The doc was produced a few years ago from footage that sat in the can for 30 years, and I recommend it 100%.

The jam with Jorma, Jack, Carlos, Mike Shrieve, etc, is from the KQED-TV special A Night at the Family Dog. This Ralph Gleason-produced show was released on DVD awhile back, and once again I recommend it highly. The individual clips of the Dead, Santana and the Airplane are way better than the jam. More recently the same folks put out the dual DVD set Go Ride the Music/ West Pole, which is worth it just for the clip of Quicksilver doing "Mona."

"St. Stephen" is from the TV show Playboy After Dark. I think this is available on DVD, too.

siri
siri
8/1/2009 01:25 PM

I feel a mixture of sad and happy. Sad I never got to see Jerry when he was alive, and happy because the message still reached me! Thank you, Jerry, for spreading love and light!!!

marcsmall1
marcsmall1
8/1/2009 01:36 PM

VIVA GARCIA!!

STEG187
STEG187
8/1/2009 02:01 PM

From the land of the midnight sun...

Where the ice blue roses grow...

Along those roads of gold and silver snow...

Howlin' wide or moaning low...

So many roads I know...

So many roads to ease my soul...

Garcia, we miss you terribly. Thanx for the path and the melody, friend.

Forever

~bg~

fuckindank
fuckindank
8/1/2009 02:15 PM

Great love everyone! And thanks to JB for putting this out there. Gotta say, the line "infuse and inform" our current lives is the word. This morning, as my wife and dogs and I sat atop a patch of snow in the High Sierra for our August turns, all I could say was thanks, beacuse years ago I had no idea it would still be so powerful, still bring such bright energy, and continually be a source of something so special to tap into. Can't wait for "Live Dead" in Tahoe tonight, sending love in and out always...

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use