Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

11 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
STS9 | 07.25.09 | Red Rocks
JamBase
JamBase
7/29/2009 12:00 AM

STS9 | 07.25.09 | Red Rocks
STS9 welcome Pnuma, Daedelus, Album Leaf, FL and PL to the Day Out of Time Celebration...

Astronaught
Astronaught
7/29/2009 02:38 PM

Absolutely incredible show.. Had to show Phish who's the BOSS, beyond Tony Danza of course. Loved the whole thing, got a work out climbing around all day between lot and stages. Weather was shotty but made for a great rainbow and luminous clouds over Denver. Boards of Canada cover was a Brilliant way to end such a great evening.

Thanks much

PooDolla
PooDolla
7/29/2009 03:01 PM

Good article and I really liked the pictures. Well done Justin and Mike.

cedarb
cedarb
7/29/2009 07:22 PM

Great review!! First time missing STS9 @ the Rox :( They have always thrown down for Colorado, never a bad show...Rumors of NYE in Colorado!?!? Where would it take place?

rdawson124
rdawson124
7/29/2009 08:16 PM

Great review friend. you spent a good bit of the sts9 review reveling their musical talents(which they definetly have) and i appreciate that, alot of people hate on them but they are on the fourfront of progression. I was so happy to see that Album Leaf was invited to play, some of my favorite chill out music. Album Leaf live IS a band, but behind the production and the actual albums is Jimmy LaVelle(not to be mistaken by James LaVelle of UNKLE), he plays every instrument and makes all the bleaps and glitches on the albums, just like Trent Reznor does with NIN. Flying Lotus's album Los Angeles has by far been my favorite album so far this year(don't know if it came out in '09 but whatever), his collaboration of beats and samples is genious and he really hits you with those ambient sounds you hear in your everyday life. Pnuma always brings it and is one my top favorites, Character was amazing and i can't wait for another studio release. Deadleus sometimes is a bit too weird for me but i can appreciate his ear. Agreed on Pretty Lights, Derrick V.S. is one of the best new-comers to the game and from the new material i've heard at Rothbury and Forecastle its just getting better and better. Got the Sts9 soundboard today and apprantly their might be a Denver NYE!!! which is great for me cause i'm moving to Crested Butte, CO in a couple of months. Wish i could had been their but oh well, i've nothing short of an amazing summer of music. Summerdance in less than a month now, can't to top the summer off with Lotus, Motet(hopefully we'll see a Big Gigantic performance even though its not on the line up), EOTO, Digital Frontier!!!, DJ Rootz, Papadosio and Jeff Bujak!!!! Have a good rest of the summer yall, peace

arigatomadness
arigatomadness
7/30/2009 11:56 AM

Ha! They would snap a picture of that guy with the tie and sick chinese style hat. He was everywhere! met him at the fillmore and redrocks. Good to meet some QUALITY fellow tribe heads....seems to me that redrocks was full of a bunch of gangster hippies if you ask me. Not to mention the gothic after party. How about some smiles on those faces you un happy rollers. :)!

santa1
santa1
7/30/2009 01:21 PM

Goddamn, I almost cried looking at these pictures. I've seen many shows at Red Rocks but am stuck in the swamp right now and couldn't make it. Tribe at Red Rocks has defiantly been my favorite shows. Goddamn, you CO. kids are lucky.

stuckinabeat
stuckinabeat
7/30/2009 01:39 PM

Hey arigato, that reminds me of the time i watched people leave EOTO at summercamp. Out of a few hundred people i think i might have caught 2 smiles if you could call them that. Not trying to hate on EOTO, but it sure is sad to see everyone f'd on molly, especially when you know 1st hand just how bad it is.

arigatomadness
arigatomadness
7/31/2009 08:38 AM

Definitely agreed sir. I saw them at a local show with a crowd of MAYBE 45 or so in Tulsa, OK and it was an absolutely breathtaking adventure. Then made my way to wakarusa 09 to see the same show, but now with a crowd exceeding 200 all sucking on pacifiers and waving glowsticks in eachother faces just so they can have a good time. NOT AT ALL trying to be negative towards these music lovers but if they are indeed just that, how about trying to let the MUSIC not the DRUGS wash over you to get you trough the night.

Much love to all. Peace

BigErn
BigErn
7/31/2009 10:44 AM

I love STS9 I've been seeing them since college when they were playing small bars. That being said when I read the first comment "had to show Phish who is the boss" I laughed so hard I almost fell of my chair.

Bradley.
Bradley.
7/31/2009 09:22 PM

thanks for covering this show, STS9 and Red Rocks are an undeniably out of this world combination, and the day out of time was real.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use