Mile High Festival | 07.18 & 07.19 | Colorado
funkymtn
funkymtn
7/25/2009 11:11 AM

Tool pictures?

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
7/25/2009 01:51 PM

A review would have been nice. Any new songs?

brooklynite84
brooklynite84
7/25/2009 09:17 PM

Yeah where are the Tool Pics? I finally saw them for the first time here in PHX and it was definitely the best show I've ever seen. I've never really been a huge fan, but after seeing them up close and personal and getting shoved and thrown around like a ragdoll on the floor just 10people from the stage, it was amazing, I am now a big fan. The lights, the sound, the fucking Band is all too good to be true and is why they are a force to be wreckin with. I agree with the reviewer that they have a very Pink Floyd like sound this tour and even had a very heavy psychedelic sequence that resembled "On The Run" which was a mind bender. So catch these guys out on this tour, yeah it's not going to be anything new to the diehard Tool Army fans, but it's still TOOL and they bring it. Also their opener, Tweakbird is amazing as well and definitely know how to rock out

jamesdinct
jamesdinct
7/27/2009 07:21 AM

I thought this was a very good review, entertaining read for sure. It covered a bunch of the bands I am interested in with interesting and educated perspectives. I got a good feel for the festival which sounded amazing. The fests in the Northeast have such boring lineups IMO.

If you want to see pictures of Tool go google image them, I'm sure you would be satisfied. Do you think this guy could pull off the super human feat of getting every set list for every band at the show, or should he just have guessed your favorite band and got that one? It would make for a great read to list the setlist for 20+ bands, jambase surely would publish a 20 page list of songs! This was a festival review not a Tool review, crikies! I love this site and learning the opinions of community members but cmon so much ignorant crap posted on here. There is probably a websearch right on your browser above this article just use it if you want something, you don't need to complain about the job the writer did.

Glad to hear that Tool is putting on a good show in 2009! I saw them in 97', 2002ish and 2006/2007 a couple times and at Coachella whenever that was. The Lateralus tour blew my fuckin mind, it was one of the most intense and literally awesome experiences of my life. The last tour that hit New England failed to really hit me like I hoped. There is again rumors this could be the last Tool tour, uh oh!

shaka1
shaka1
7/27/2009 12:25 PM

Well put brooklynite 84- I was at the U.S. Airways last week and lost my f&%$##ng mind! I have seen that band three times now but nothing compared to what I witnessed last tuesday. I still cant get it out of my head. Your right- they are a force to be reckoned with for days to come(hopefully). So if there heading your way - DONT MISS THIS TOUR!!!!!

Lotusdream
Lotusdream
7/27/2009 02:16 PM

Had a blast! We took our 4 week old daughter to her first festie, it was awesome:) Dancing to Panic with my baby girl was priceless!

puseykev
puseykev
7/27/2009 07:01 PM

There are some Tool pics on a link at www.panicstream.com. Apparently, Tool only allowed 5 pro photographers to take photos during the first song only.

tedstephens
tedstephens
7/27/2009 09:56 PM

Glad to see a thorough and thoughtful review, especially since the local paper totally got it wrong. I read a good article about that and more MHMF coverage at www.thedenverdonkey.com

Ted

tedstephens
tedstephens
7/27/2009 10:04 PM

p.s....it should be noted that there was music to be had in between the mule and panic on sunday, as the fest had the fray headlining on the west stage. i opted to wait it out for panic too but there was music to be had (fluffy as it may be) if you were so inclined.

bigfro
bigfro
7/28/2009 04:40 AM

Tool are tools

How was all the coke and tequila at Widespread.

Did you see any good fights.

sschaffner
sschaffner
7/28/2009 05:18 PM

ha! he didn't even mention the fray, ouch... also, somebody stated that the only encore of the weekend came from panic, but it should be noted that the black keys got an extended roaring ovation and thus came out for an encore.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use