Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

4 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Paul McCartney | 07.17.09 | New York
JamBase
JamBase
7/22/2009 12:00 AM

Paul McCartney | 07.17.09 | New York
Sir Paul returns to the scene where in 1965 The Beatles changed it all, and he brings Billy Joel...

MimiLuv
MimiLuv
7/22/2009 11:41 AM

i went the third night and it was the F&^@ing heat. helter skelter melted my face. p.s. are we sure paul is almost 70? cuz last night the paul i saw was more like 25 and he sounded great. i cried like 2 times, i laughed like 5 times and i got crazy like 7 times...yup, thats what great artists can do to you.

WidespreadMule3
WidespreadMule3
7/22/2009 12:00 PM

that looks like such a good show! just because you're old don't mean you can't still rock! i can NOT wait to go see him in Dallas!

OurBandCouldBeYo…
OurBandCouldBeYo…
7/22/2009 01:42 PM

I went on Saturday night, this show was incredible. Paul is 67 I believe and still sings and had the energy of a 30 year old. His solo acoustic versions of Blackbird and Here Today (his moving Lennon tribute) were worth the steep price of admission alone. And yes, Helter Skelter (my favorite Beatles tune) brought the house down, it was dirty. Plus a great version of early track "I'm Down" and an awesome ukulele version of "Something" were also stand outs to me (sounds like to the reviewer as well). The new tune he played from his Fireman album "Sing the Changes" (I believe was the name of it) was AMAZING, I wish more than 15 people in the audience had heard the track though as they seemed a bit lost.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use