Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

16 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
Roskilde Fest | 07.02-07.05 | Denmark
JamBase
JamBase
7/20/2009 12:00 AM

Roskilde Fest | 07.02-07.05 | Denmark
JamBase heads overseas to cover several European events. Roskilde in Denmark is the first Stop...

moejoerisin69
moejoerisin69
7/20/2009 05:44 PM

pretty good write up, only this line really got to me: "Overall, it was fun(ny) watching 30,000 blond haired, blue eyed 20-year-olds rapping alongside West."

i don't even like kanye but why, pray tell, do people think you have to be a black man from the projects to enjoy hip-hop?

gettintwisty
gettintwisty
7/20/2009 08:09 PM

Really good review enjoyed reading it - found some new bands - might go next year.

fohrplay
fohrplay
7/21/2009 12:17 AM

wow those stages look amazing!

great article Lindsay

fohrplay
fohrplay
7/21/2009 12:17 AM

wow those stages look amazing!

great article Lindsay

johnnygoff
johnnygoff
7/21/2009 12:42 AM

yay....freaking yeah to jambase!

again. these are the cool, off the wall features I crave on here.

like the "recent" submission from a jambaser who toured berlin music haunts....i loved that piece too.

this is exciting stuff. I appreciate jambase for allowing and/seeking and furthermore, these writers and photogs from submitting/thinking to bring well-deserved international attention to some 'new to me' musical offerings from abroad.

cheers. can't say it enough. thanx again for this piece.

milesgone
milesgone
7/21/2009 03:56 AM

I agree with Mr Goff.

its great to finally see press on other countries enjoying things like this.

I have read about Hungarian and Polish festivals too that are similar as well.

however, the tastes for music I do believe vary widely from EU to USA.

the people I know over seas listen to stuff I find to be totally awful :)

diff culture, diff lang, diff tastes. Its still cool tho :)

we need more exposure in the US to these things!'

I would certainly want to go just to hang out and watch people even if I don't care for the tunes :)

bluke
bluke
7/21/2009 07:13 AM

Really hope this is the direction jambase is taking -- searching out new music from all corners of the globe.

I read music sites to try and vicariously experience something i didn't have the pleasure of being there for and hoping to discover some new bands at the same time.

Found myself spending more and more time on pitchfork.com because they do a much better job with the latter part of that equation (and their immensely superior writing staff).

But definitely appreciate the effort of both jambase and Lindsay on this one. Nicely done.

RichardHaley
RichardHaley
7/21/2009 10:09 AM

Bluke - i feel ya on the Pitchfork stuff, they are clearly a leader in music journalism with very pro writers, but PFork doesn't seem to really cover live music anymore. There are a few articles (like the PFork Fest review - shoking) but in general it's all album reviews and music news. And the writing is great for sure, but i often wonder if they even really like music, it's a pretty negative site and the way they rate shit is ridiculous. Anyway, nice article JamBase.

barsot
barsot
7/21/2009 10:12 AM

great line up, thanks for the review jambase

jaws_victim
jaws_victim
7/21/2009 03:13 PM

Jambase: Please stop sending complete idiots to do reports on music festivals. Your boy here missed one of the last NIN shows ever to report on a really shitty (trust me, I've listened) "electronica" act. He deserves a whipping.

douglasheine
douglasheine
7/21/2009 10:05 PM

Jambase...thanks for FINALLY sending some coverage (photo/words) overseas to some festivals. It is what I and probably many other music lovers like me have been waiting for. What a great idea! Excellent write-ups Lindsay. I almost feel like I was there. Really cool photos Walt. You guys must be having a great time. Very informative to learn about some of these European acts. Have fun and keep writing/shooting!

Great call on Royksopp over NIN.

J0ERG
J0ERG
7/22/2009 10:13 AM

dear jaws_victim, this idiot boy here (who unfortunately missed NIN) is rather a smart young woman called Lindsay and she did a really good coverage on this beautiful festival with all its different facets (trust me, i've been at exactly this festival!). yeah, very good photos as well, walt!

Okay, to sum it up:

Jambase: Never stop sending talented peeps over to europe to report on music festivals – there might be some users with different listening habits, reading the article and don't feel vindicated, but that's just the way it is. Last weekend i've seen Röyksopp at a different german festival and they turned out to be a *fantastic* shitty act. Relaxe, everybody.

cheers from overseas!

smittysandwich
smittysandwich
7/22/2009 07:37 PM

Walt and LC rocking it, love these kids. NIN is a definite skip. Goth rock died when I was in High School 11 year ago. Keep the quality coming Skins and Linds!

MCKILLA187
MCKILLA187
7/23/2009 11:02 PM

I would love to see Slipknot again anywhere anytime anyplace and would pass on a lot of other awesome bands to see it. They were at the first concert i ever went to. I was twelve years old and they played a minor league base ball park it got so crazy. no one was ever allowed to play there again. I suggest you go see Slipknot live. NOBODY BUYS PHISH STUDIO ALBUMS EITHER. THEY DONT MEAN SHIT

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use