Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

14 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
DSO/Williams/Francis | 07.11 | NYC
JamBase
JamBase
7/20/2009 12:00 AM

DSO/Williams/Francis | 07.11 | NYC
The new Beach needs a bit of work but the triple bill kept fans happy, despite rain...

bluke
bluke
7/20/2009 03:28 PM

'perpendicular teeth' not 'purple teeth'. google is your friend.

jonnynra
jonnynra
7/20/2009 04:28 PM

nice review, especially liked the attention you paid to painting a picture of the geography

Dire46daysWolf
Dire46daysWolf
7/20/2009 04:57 PM

hahaha purple teeth that's funny. i've seen keller almost 20 times and never got a kindey in a cooler. this is a great collaboration it's safe to say jerry was smiling down.

gettintwisty
gettintwisty
7/20/2009 05:34 PM

Whenever I see Keller on stage...I always think in my mind hes one of my friends performing...never met the guy but but I love him.

cliffclavenjr
cliffclavenjr
7/20/2009 05:42 PM

Hey now bluke, thanks for pointing out the Perpendicular teeth thing .... As the writer of the reveiw, and a LONG time Kdub fan, I am aware that he normally sings Perpendicular Teeth. I was up pretty close for his set at the Island. I am quite sure that he sang Purple Teeth this time around. I pointed it out in the review because it struck me as odd, but I think he must have been commenting on a kid in the crowd or something like that, or he just changed it up. I think it was his choice to sing Purple Teeth, not Perpendicular Teeth. And Therethere, I have met Kdub, twice, and he happens to be one of the most down to earth, cool musicians I've ever met. He could very well be a buddy sittin' next to ya at a festival and you would even realize it was him. Thanks for reading everybody!

gettintwisty
gettintwisty
7/20/2009 07:58 PM

slam wow

gregboyer
gregboyer
7/20/2009 08:39 PM

I used to think DSO was kind of just another lame cover band but seeing them twice last week changed my mind. In Dewey Beach, DE they played the Starlake 6/22/92 show and the free show in Springfield, OH was 2/9/73. The Delaware show was cool because of the beach vibe as Bottle and Cork is kind of outside but the Springfield show was smokin' and got about 5000 people going hard-killer setlist, I used to have this one on tape. I think it's cool they're playing some mixed shows now, it would be cool to hear Liberty and Cosmic Charlie in the same show. But the whole show re-creations are nice too.

KatieT2585
KatieT2585
7/21/2009 07:07 AM

You're review is Dead on for how the night went. I was sad the DSO set was cut early, didn't enjoy being herded like cattle trying to get off the island, and would have preferred to be up on the grass like last year, but the music was so good, and everywhere I looked people were dancing and having a great time, so all in all it was a pretty fantastic evening. Thanks for the review!

Rebels3
Rebels3
7/21/2009 08:14 AM

That show was amazing. Keller rocked and DSO killed it! the venue was awesome until we had to wait for 2 hours to board the ferries. small price to pay for that good of a show. i will definately see Keller and DSO again. DANCIN IN THE STREETS!!!!!!!!!! WHOAAAA

RxStoner
RxStoner
7/21/2009 12:10 PM

I shot and posted that video on youtube under RxStoner. There is also another video of Keller from earlier in the night posted. I hope you all enjoy the footage

southfork
southfork
7/21/2009 03:34 PM

Thanks for the review and pix. A well documented write up of what looked like a scenic and musical experience. I saw moe. there last summer, and let me tell you, surreal comes to mind when trying to describe the trip. Keller, if you're reading this, we'd all love it if you could join DSO @ the GOTV's this Thursday. One funny story about the boat ride home, a friend of mine who was lucky enough to attend said the trip back was a disaster. It took way too long, was packed, and at some point in the voyage, someone took a leak on his pant cuffs and shoes. I guess he (or she) couldn't hold it any longer. GROSS.

buddhistprodigy
buddhistprodigy
7/25/2009 07:47 PM

Nice review. Would liked to have seen more shots though as I am sure that this venue offers some incredible backdrop scenery.

tallboytodd
tallboytodd
8/6/2009 10:54 AM

I think Keller is wearing the same outfit from his JamCruise pool deck set.

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2678/127/46/1024634561/n1024634561_30317466_5051392.jpg

Getting real excited for the Mishawaka shows in a couple weeks, Keller Solo and with the WMD'S in one weekend...Hell Yeah!!! This is gonna be a good weekend.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use