Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

50 Total Messages • Page 4 of 4 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 
Animal Collective Score: First Legal Grateful Dead Sample
chux7487
chux7487
7/19/2009 03:35 PM

this song was relatively shitty and i saw these guys live and they were also relatively shitty. dead for life shitty song though

ncdeadhead

lovemusicfood
lovemusicfood
7/19/2009 11:17 PM

It's so hard for lots of people to take things for what they are. Put that jam in a cd player and tell your Phish loving friends that it was from some crazy jam at a Phish show. They would love it.... Great track!

JoFresh
JoFresh
7/19/2009 11:31 PM

Animal Collective fans neeeeed to check out Mews new stuff. heres the ink to their new album on iTunes http://tinyurl.com/mcj2dl

LegsLambert
LegsLambert
7/20/2009 11:48 AM

Love AC, the current album and this new track with the Phil content, but their management is incorrect to say that this is the first legal GD sample. As someone noted earlier, Bruce Hornsby, with GD blessing, used the opening guitar figure to "China Cat Sunflower" as the basis for "Sunflower Cat (Some Dour Cat) (Down With That)," which appeared on Bruce's "Spirit Trail" album; more recently, RatDog drummer Jay Lane got permission to use numerous GD samples for the "Deadbeatz" project by his jazz/funk/hiphop combo, Band of Brotherz (a great piece of work, by the way -- check it out at www.bandofbrotherz.org); and perhaps the most extreme example is composer/musician/"appropriation artist" John Oswald, creator of "Plunderphonics," who got unprecedented access to material from the GD Vault to compose "Grayfolded," a mindblowing collage that features incarnations of the GD from various eras "jamming" with one another through the magic of editing. To learn more about this and other John Oswald projects: http://www.pfony.com/

StrangeBleau
StrangeBleau
7/24/2009 01:52 PM

I listened to merriweather and I thought I was going to like it.These guys make no since to me what soo ever.I get Bisco, I get thievery corporation but I dont get these guys.It sounds like nails against the chalkboard.Its annoying,its loud and its not music.Should I be dosing more to some how understand it or do they just suck???

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use