what? people still go to see this band?

insignia
insignia
7/16/2009 07:10 PM

what? people still go to see this band?

insignia
insignia
7/16/2009 07:12 PM

ha double posts nice. w/e ST bores me to bordem, imo.

rdawson124
rdawson124
7/16/2009 08:48 PM

this is the thing with STS9 that i love about them. They are ALWAYS exposing differant artists us all. This line up is most definetly a great one, or at least for me this is pretty dope(almost sold my rothbury ticket for this, glad i didnt but it would have been a good consolation). First off Amon Tobin addition was a very nice cherry on top, this dude is a poineer of trip-hop. ALexB + Derrick V. Smith (pretty lights) phhh... out of control, we will be hearing alot about these guys for a while, very talented djs. FlyLO, ALbum Leaf!!!, Eliot Lipp, Bass Science(their remix on the N.O. remix album is sick). Anyways, wish i could be there, its gonna be a massive throw down.

moejoerisin69
moejoerisin69
7/16/2009 09:13 PM

Don't forget the unofficial 7/24 after party at dulcinea's (half a block from the Fillmore)!! Some hard-hitting local bands and artists like Gravity, The Sequentialists, and Shygone!!

http://www.myspace.com/gravityfunk

http://www.myspace.com/sequentialists

http://www.myspace.com/shygone

IdRatherPanic
IdRatherPanic
7/17/2009 08:01 AM

That could be fun If I ate enough drugs

funkymtn
funkymtn
7/17/2009 08:31 AM

Not enough drugs in the world to make STS9 interesting any longer...

tweek tweek bleep blop bleep bleep krahhhhhhhhhhh, whoooosh, bleep bleep

chux7487
chux7487
7/17/2009 08:53 AM

(yawn)

sts9 needs to go ahead and do that acoustic shit that jambase featured an article about earlier in june- they are obviously talented (keyboard player) but seriously id rather be watching maury popavich

PongmasterPhlash
PongmasterPhlash
7/17/2009 09:08 AM

Here's a video for the haters - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOyv0BJjYMw - if you're too lazy to dedicate 7 minutes to watching it, skip to about 4 minutes in.

True, maybe S9 hasn't been at their pinnacle lately, but but I'm hoping for something beautiful at Red Rocks. A renaissance of sorts. Get back to the mystical Maya stuff. And Album Leaf opening for them at Red Rocks?!?! Not gonna suck!!!

bluesrequiem
bluesrequiem
7/17/2009 12:18 PM

i dont know what you guys are talkin, ive seen some stale sts9 shows before, but lately they have been on fire i think... Their two sets at Wakarusa 09' were some of the freshest tribe ive heard....Pretty Lights is not that great of a DJ imo...fun to see live, but like bassnectar just cant keep me interested on CD....Bass Science is pretty damn ill though...(Nalepa, yes please...)...that New Orleans Remixed Album is dope as hell...Deru, Pnuma Trio, Calmer, Bass Science, Lazer Sword, sts9, etc....

moejoerisin69
moejoerisin69
7/17/2009 01:42 PM

keep sippin' your haterade and sitting and home on your couch while the rest of us get down at red rocks! with or without drugs!

rdawson124
rdawson124
7/17/2009 08:39 PM

give pretty lights another listen dude. He samples alot of old soul, r&b and blues...and then meshes it with popular rap(which i'm not a fan of but the way he does it so beautiful). Give it a try, i just saw this dude on the Louisville Belle (a boat) last sat. night and it definetly went downas one of the best raves i've been too.

Adamist
Adamist
7/18/2009 11:50 AM

That looks sick!!! Wish I could make it

pheelalrights
pheelalrights
7/20/2009 03:55 PM

"Haters" choose to project their vile light upon the world as a result of their internal drama. Feel compassion for them as they experience anhedonia. Anyone who can't enjoy this line up sober must be in recovery. For those of you who choose to share your demons with the world, please remember what you put out is what you receive in return. And yes, returning to a calendar that is based on natural cycles is, well, let's see a little less Republican than the Gregorian one we currently employ. Those darn Romans. Pranaam. Breathe. Be.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use