Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

84 Total Messages • Page 6 of 6 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 
All Good Festival | 07.09 - 07.12 | WV
salkina
salkina
7/20/2009 02:26 PM

This was my first festival. Do people typically sell baby turtles at these kind of events?

Ierner
Ierner
7/20/2009 07:20 PM

~I hoe not.. but boy did they have some good crack...

cavemandan
cavemandan
7/21/2009 11:29 AM

I used to be in the loop. Now, just an innocent bystander who wished a few improvements:

1- allow free enterprise... if people want to sell grilled cheese or beers let them.... trying to control the free market on tangible legal foods and wares is un american. forcing people to buy crappy $5 slices of pizza is also a very uncool , unhippy gesture. be true to who you are

2- enough with corporate sponsered ninetendo screamers or dickies or whatever... what is next? armed forces recruitments? you want some kind of magical musical environment , then you subject your fans to this? be true to the scene, rememeber your roots

3- ticket prices are below market value... early bird for $109 in this day and age should be raised, but then offer free tram rides all day everyday for everybody and a water truck sprinkling the dusty roads would help all of those with respitory concerns including children, and free showers as well.... be true to the fans who made all good what it is

4- with all the millions made, how hard would it be to install more hygenic flush toilets amd shower systems? I estimate you could complete the ultimate bathhouse for under $30,000 or about 2 hours worth of nitrous or pizza sold..... be true to the real truth of peace and love and happiness

5- mix up the line up some... ok how many more keller and les and moe. and yonder sets must we accept while there are 10,000+ bands as good or better than them who never get a chance to play.... be true to the music

6- have one or 2 open mic stages where fans can actually participate in a 15- 20 minute slot ... this would be where you would want corporate sponsership like fender or gibson.... be true to the golden rule

7- checkpoints to get into the concert area is just downright idiotic... whilst fireworks fall on people you worry about somebody having a bowl of weed?.... be true to freedoms and desires of the fans.... we know it is so that more money can be forced out by non competing... again unamerican and almost nazi-like... let them compete in same supply and demand chain the rest of society does... if this is illegal in reality why try to impose at a hippy fest of all thing??? be true to the constitution

8- give me back all access pass.... be true to me!

4-

hopethehippie
hopethehippie
7/21/2009 02:10 PM

OMG. I just read EVERYONES post and im so sad to see that Putnameter was the only one who thought it was messed up that Soja got cut off. Last song man and you cut them off. What I want to know is who is responsible for that All Good or Umphree's. I'm thinking UM.

onthemoon ... what are you talking about DJ Harry was the shit. He should change his name to DJ O FACE!!! "WHAT FOR IT WAIT FOR IT >>>> OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" He was a trip.

veggedout ... why WHY did you poop in a urinal? all goods potty sit was terrible! but there were woods everywhere ... why did you not use that? was it just tooo far. i got lucky and was right next to the forest!! yay for me ... sad for you and the person who went in after you!!!

over all this was a beautiful festival. i would have liked to see the sunrise from that hill but i couldnt stay awake that long :(

hopethehippie
hopethehippie
7/21/2009 02:16 PM

oh and thank you TAXIS!!! we got a great taxi driver. she gave us her cell phone so we could call anytime for a ride. stephanie you rock

Putnameter
Putnameter
7/22/2009 11:35 AM

OK I didnt say the band LOTUS was shady. I said the people that the band attracts are shady. The electro kids are way more into weird drugs that other people do not use. Their use of these drugs and over use of them is turning the festival into complete shadiness. What ever happened to just smoking bud and tripping and enjoying yourself? I saw people completely fucked up out of their minds on weird shit acting like fools and fighting eachother. Never seen that many people rip eachother off from bunk shit and start fights. Maybe its me, but the new people that these elecro acts attract are fucking shady. Thats my two cents, like it or not its my humble observation. All Good did not use to be like that.

Putnameter
Putnameter
7/22/2009 11:40 AM

I am wondering why the safety staff didnt do anything about shady people selling turtles, fake mushrooms, fake hash, fake acid. I didnt buy these things but saw the folks who did get ripped off. The people selling these things blatently stook out from the crowd (older black males that were there to rip kids off) and did not belong there. I just hope all good returns to "normal" next year.

FrankJam
FrankJam
8/6/2009 12:23 PM

please check out our All Good article for Honest Tune......vids and much more detail!

http://www.honesttune.com/content/view/1939/30/

carphishhead
carphishhead
8/7/2009 09:07 PM

I stopped reading at "Lotus was having an off-night." I look at this setlist and listen to this recording and think "Damn I wish I couldve been on the side of that hill with the lawlessness of Thursday night AllGood going down." This is no off-night here. If theres one place where Lotus is NOT off, its on the side of the hill in the dark at AllGood. Those guys love that place, and are certainly deserving of a main stage slot, maybe a 9:30pm show if not the last late-night act going down.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use