Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

84 Total Messages • Page 5 of 6 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 
All Good Festival | 07.09 - 07.12 | WV
bigfro
bigfro
7/18/2009 07:19 AM

Rothbury was almost a perfect festival. I have never been to All Good, but Police will end a festival. That's why Waka moved

bigfro
bigfro
7/18/2009 07:20 AM

Bassnectar doesn't play. She spins other people's records that she doesn't write and mixes them

Hey look Ma, I didn't even learn t play an instrument. That takes years anyway.

bigfro
bigfro
7/18/2009 07:28 AM

IF I can't party at a rock festival, WHERE CAN I PARTY. This is not a theocracy and I'm frankly tired of children being used as an excuse to bully your neighbors. If your that worried about your kids, hire a babysitter. (5% of festival attendants don't have kids and it takes a certain amount of gall for the 5% to expect the majority of adults who are there to do adult things to be brought down to the level of a five year old. This is why I live in the CIty. No one lets you be an adult in peace in kid land.

People go to festival to find a safe place to do drugs and not ahve to drive. Just because you have kids doesn't give you the right to demand that no one parties. Many of these quote shady kids would be nice to you if you would be nice to them. You are not their parents and your word does not rule here. Children are no excuse to lose all sense of good manners and class. If it were up to you then there would be no place for people to behave in a way you choose not to.

bigfro
bigfro
7/18/2009 07:33 AM

Typing error ----95% of festival goers don't have kids so the 5% who do can't dictate to the rest of us how to behave. This is an adult event. I deal with shrieking children on line with patience when I go to Disney World, therefore you need to adjust to rock and roll. Your kids don't get both. some place has to be left for the adults to play also. fair is fair.

cavemandan
cavemandan
7/18/2009 09:39 AM

Although moe.'s set felt stale and far from trans-generational, the Bassnectar set between Weir and moe. was a weekend highlight.

was this writer at the same all good I was at?..... I think he has this backwards!

pearlgirl23
pearlgirl23
7/18/2009 01:44 PM

First off, bigfro, bassnectar is a dude. Obviously you couldn't have given him too much of a chance or you might have noticed that minor detail. And i, for one, had a blast grooving to his set. Whether or not he pushes a button or plays an instrument, it was still fun to dance to and everyone around me seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Second, this fest was amazing overall, myself and my crew of five other ladies had a great time. The music itself was topnotch. STS9 was probably my favorite set of the weekend, and i would venture to say their Grizzly Bear cover was probably my favorite song of the weekend. UM also killed it in my opinion. Keller was sick, Galactic was fun, Claypool was cool. There were alot of really awesome performances. Scheduling could of been better but can't it always?

Lastly, I agree with the fact that there are some shady heads at every festival and it's not really worth mentioning in a review, but I have to say, the Nitrous Mafia was absolutely out of control at All Good. I've been to several Bonnaroos, Langerados, moe.down, lolla, and plenty of other fests over the years, and maybe it was because i was camped right near there but i was actually scared walking by there alone at night which should never be the case at a fest. Also, we saw at least two fights break out along nitrous ally, one where a guy stormed someone's tent with a pole and started beating the shit out of a guy.

And our neighbor was blatantly beating the shit out of his screaming girlfriend inside their tent Sunday morning. We had to go over there twice and break it up and the dude was yelling at us to mind our own fucking business and get the fuck out. The worst part is that their two 'friends' in the tent next to theirs (their two tents were connected by a tarp) sat by and did absolutely nothing. Finally one of our nice guy neighbors came over with us and we physically took the girl by the hand and brought her to our camp. I have never experienced anything like that at a fest or in everyday life so i guess it just really unnerved me. I wouldn't have minded seeing a little security (like on horseback or something, Bonnaroo style) to deal with shit like that instead of just busting kids minding their own business with their goodies.

Again, sorry to talk about the negative, overall All Good was incredible and the good definitely outwieghed to bad. It's a beautiful place and i can't wait to go back, but i just thought i should defended the reviewer's decision to mention that there was some serious shadiness going on. Great pics too btw.

jefferson420
jefferson420
7/18/2009 09:40 PM

Hey Now, beatstocks review is on the point. Masontown was a scary seen thursday. There were kids in traffic shirts sending you in circles by the police in a one horse town. We were 152 in line to go in and I was still uncomfortable about a beer and a smoke in line waiting. You are now warned of the stupidness that will be next year. Besides that, the mountain top is a perfect venue. Wooks are everywhere on that hill so lock or hide your beer and food or just give it away on day one. Leave monday and it's easy sailing home.

See you next year.

Putnameter
Putnameter
7/19/2009 01:06 AM

First of all, Jambase please take down this review and rewrite it. Ive never seen such horrible accounts of a festival, this reviewer sucks. How did this get past the editors?!?

All Good was awesome. Very short sets for some bands...(They cut SOJA off before they ended with Thriller...weeeaaak!) Very awesome setlists in general. One of the most energetic Ratdog shows ever. Prolly one of my favorite Ratdog shows.

The additions of the electronic stuff like bassnectar, lotus and STS9 is killing the All Good vibe. Its attracting shady people to the festival. Lots of issues with shadiness that ive never seen at All Good before. Cut the electro bands out of the lineup (im not hating on the bands, but I am hating on some of their shady fans who are killing the scene)

Please let security companies like ESI have more authority over removing shady people from the fest. Where were they? I worked with them at Bonnaroo and we took care of bad stuff going on promptly. Safety staff are there to make sure everyone has a good time without being hassled. They are not cops.

The folks at the main pat down need to chill out and not take their jobs too seriously, it was nuts with the line backups.

The music was great, the scene could use a little bit of help. Bring All Good back to 2007 vibe please.

Marvins mountaintop and the weather were beautiful!

electronicjams
electronicjams
7/19/2009 01:00 PM

bassnectar=overrated

SpreadRed87
SpreadRed87
7/19/2009 01:41 PM

This is in fact a horrible review!!! if you want to write about family problems and how some parents cant take care of their kids go talk to Dr.Phil maybe he can hook you up with a sweet gig!! this is JAM....Base come on now! sometimes I wonder where you guys pick up your writers because I would fucking love to go to festivals and get paid for it!!

lovemusical
lovemusical
7/19/2009 06:30 PM

Bigfro, what in the name of God are you talking about? You think Bassnecter is a girl, and you've never been to All Good. Yet you feel the need to take it completely out of context by suggesting that enraged parents are somehow dictating to wookie kids not to party? Its the irresponsible wookies themselves who bring the unattended kids that are the fucking problem! Maybe if you would ever have attended All Good you would know this. Its not about how many children there are. Nor is it about age at all. All ages should be welcome at a fest. Its about the behavior of certain individuals, some who are high, some who are just shady scumbag motherfuckers. People who hurt others and spread their nasty violent, aggressive vibes to a peaceful gathering of music. They are the dictators who try consciously or unconsciously to bring it all down to their level. Well fuck that. If security won't take a stand against them, somebody must. They are self absorbed assholes who have no regard for other peoples rights to have a SAFE experience. When having a good time hurts other people, its no longer a good time.

onthemoon
onthemoon
7/20/2009 06:22 AM

Hey bigfro why don't you just go chill at a methlab for a couple days if all you want is a "safe place to do dr00gz and not have to drive." No one is saying you can't party at a festy, but if your partying becomes a potential danger to someone else's kids, (who were brought to the festival most likely to experience - who would have guessed it - the MUSIC), then maybe you just have no business being there.

Bdelegal
Bdelegal
7/20/2009 09:08 AM

I disagree with the reviewer. Jackie Greene was excellent. moe. was very hot and in my opinion he must have been on a different planet.

Bob Weir (from an old Deadhead) was very so so in fact the most tired act there. As for Ben harper - he was disapointing and playing louder does not cover a subpar performance.

Steve Kimock and Crazy Engine were excellent as were Yonder Mountain and Cornmeal. What else can you say about Umphrey's - best set I have have ever heard by them. I am still walking around with Cemetary Walk II in my brain.

Allgood was great and I'll go back again happily!!!

tranceful_delite
tranceful_delite
7/20/2009 01:09 PM

PUTNAMETER..... Your comment is really funny, esp considering STS9 was there in 2007. I have been going to All Good since before it was even in Masontown and blaming the abundance of shady shit on "sts9 and lotus" is a joke. It has always been like that because there is really no security what so ever and you can do whatever you want. Combine that with being really close to Baltimore, DC and Philly and that is your reason. Not the bands. They have had years where none of those bands have played and its still like that. Quit being a pansy and get over it.

PastPresence
PastPresence
7/20/2009 02:02 PM

Lotus is shady Putnameter? Songs like flower sermon, sunrain, Spiritualize, Umbilical moonrise, Lucid Awakening...does these scream hostility to you? I hate it how people come out viciously criticizing the writer than digress into an even worse diatribe of subjective and grossly ignorant band bludgeoning.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use