Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

84 Total Messages • Page 2 of 6 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 
All Good Festival | 07.09 - 07.12 | WV
pugs689
pugs689
7/15/2009 10:09 PM

My question is the last two years All Good has been DIRTY... no proper recycling... no proper trash bins... just a bunch of dumpsters in the middle of camping... has this improved or am I glad to miss 2009 because of cleanliness? peace and respect mother earth. Thank you Rothbury!

gkwoodward
gkwoodward
7/15/2009 10:25 PM

www.theRFW.com

Check out the Rothbury article...take some notes on how to really capture an experience...

jborrel1
jborrel1
7/15/2009 10:26 PM

great pics... almost too many pics as compared to other festival reviews on the base?

kandrokitis
kandrokitis
7/15/2009 11:12 PM

I think Umphrey's has been the best band at every festival this summer.

Oh, and Assnectar...a festival highlight???

onthemoon
onthemoon
7/15/2009 11:20 PM

at least he pointed out the fact that lotus late night was WEAK. And I think Lotus kills it most of the time. And DJ harry spinning in between sets got old fast. But overall awesome weekend umphrey's was great, dumpstaphunk was dirty and even ben harper's new band was a pleasant surprise. oh and the porta potties were nasty, come on take care of that shit.

BluegrassBuddha
BluegrassBuddha
7/16/2009 12:00 AM

All Good is one of the best fetivals around, this is the first year i've missed since 06 and I wish I couldve been despite a slighly weaker lineup. What I want to say though is that this review is absolute garbage. Nearly ever show review was short and did not at all capture the essence of the set. Perhaps the "journalist" was simply too fucked to know what was goin on but please, this is your job. two sentence blurbs about sets from STS9, Cornmeal, Moe., etc... is just not satisfactory for a professional music journalist. I was extremely upset with the absolutely negative way in which the article was ended. EVERY FESTIVAL has shady aspects to it because in any group of 15000+ people, there are idiots. This fact should not take away from anyone's experience and ending a review of a festival this way is only keeping thew right kind of people from going to it next year. All Good should live on forever as the wondeful event that it is: a festival that encompasses all different genres of music, and allows people from all different walks of life from all parts of the country to join together for a weekend of bliss in music.

mcharp73
mcharp73
7/16/2009 03:26 AM

This review was...um....odd to read as well as off pictures. Lotus' Rothbury set was during the daytime, BTW

JBauer1
JBauer1
7/16/2009 03:49 AM

Whats the deal with slammin the shady activity at this fest? You mean to tell me this dipshit writer has never been to some of the other festivals in this world and never seen shit. To include that on his review is bullshit: we all know shady shit goes down at festivals, we are adults aren't we, and for the kid factor yeah leave the little ones at home till their ready.

GratefulFrederick
GratefulFrederick
7/16/2009 04:25 AM

I missed AllGood this year and was impatiently waiting for this review...boy was I disappointed. This "writer" sounded like he was more interested in the drugs and the scene all weekend than the music.

Get your priorities straight.

gmoo
gmoo
7/16/2009 05:39 AM

Short review. Could have been better.

As for the shadiness, everyone knows kids and wooks don't mix. They can both stay home imo.

mesaxi
mesaxi
7/16/2009 05:40 AM

I'm not sure Buckethead would like people talking about his real name, which is still unconfirmed. Big Nazo looks creepy, and to say that the GWAR costumes don't compare is quite a bold statement.

karchy
karchy
7/16/2009 05:50 AM

Obviously whoever posted this review doesn't have a whole lot of journalistic experience. Not on par at all with most of the other reviewers i've read on this site. NICE PICS THOUGH!!! It's good to see some shots of people and festival grounds once in a while instead of a million pictures of the same musicians we've all seen before.

Jenkem_Garcia
Jenkem_Garcia
7/16/2009 06:20 AM

I thought that it was a good review. I agree with his take on the shows, except I thought that UM was a little "off" that night. Of course UM's off-nights are better than 99% of other bands' greatest shows.

STS9 put on the best show that I saw at Allgood this year (IMO of course). Those video screens work perfectly with their sound

I also agree with his take on the "scene" at Allgood this year. This will probably be my last festival for a long time for a number of reasons, including my disgust with some of the broke festi/tour parasites. ok, I have become a snob: deal with it!

PastPresence
PastPresence
7/16/2009 06:47 AM

The secret Lotus Roth set was at 4:00 p.m., not at night. I haven't got a chance to hear their show tho but I heard it was a lot of fun...not sure how it paired with their past work. And I have to agree with above poster...it pains me that All Good has (in certain places) become an infested cesspool of negative vibes. Some areas of shakedown are downright dangerous with nitro mafia on one side and belligerent disrespectful rowdies on the other. But once you get to the safety of the hill it is absolutely beautiful. Someone needs to clean up on isle 5 out there even if it means tightening up the reigns a little bit. I hear many that never have any issues, but I also hear about more robberies, fights, OD's, and scandalous behavior at All Good than any other East coast Fest.

I heard Umph late night absolutely tore it up and S9 was another huge highlight.

gregboyer
gregboyer
7/16/2009 06:54 AM

I went to the first 10 All Goods but quit going after shitty experiences in

2005 and 2006. The "security" there are unorganized, powertripping assholes and Tim Walther doesn't claim responsibility even though he hires complete idiots year after year. In 2005 they told us to camp in a certain area and then after setting up told us we had to move. In 2006 they wouldn't let us bring our lawn chairs in the concert area even though I had three kids with me. I guess they were supposed to stand for 12 hours. I have been to Magfests, Wanees, Hookahvilles, Bonnaroos, and countless other festivals. All Good is the only one were I had to put up with this bullshit. Never again. I wouldn't go for free regardless of the lineup.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use