The Avett Brothers: Album Due 9/29 & Huge Tour
JamBase
JamBase
7/13/2009 12:00 AM

The Avett Brothers: Album Due 9/29 & Huge Tour

CoolYourJets
CoolYourJets
7/13/2009 12:29 PM

THE REAL DEAL. Ecstatic for this. The energy of their live shows is second to none, well almost none

Dpoo
Dpoo
7/13/2009 12:33 PM

These guys are the best thing going right now. Catch a live show near you. You will not be disappointed.

redhed
redhed
7/13/2009 01:02 PM

Just saw the Avett's last night at the Forecastle Fest in Louisville and I must say they were on fire. I also want to add that Widespread also killed two nights in a row and that Forecastle was one of my favorite festival experiences. You could camp, you stay in a hotel (right next to the Galt House one of the nicest hotels in KY). Very Clean, Right next to the river so you have this wonderful breeze all day as well as a beautiful sunset. Sorry to go on but I'm just proud of my city, they really nailed it with this festival. Hopefully this will go on for years to come. Oh yeah and everyone there was cool and friendly as could be and no drama just good times.

chux7487
chux7487
7/13/2009 01:42 PM

these dudes are SOOO bad i hate them, just loud screaming over slightly worse competitive guitars. break out the whiskey flasks and beer for this because you need to be shitfaced to enjoy. ive had the "pleasure" of seeing these dudes a lot as they are from around where i live, greensboro NC. chicks fucking love them and so dudes are always @ the shows. respect opinions by all, this is mine but much love if u like these dudes, enjoy.

marionc
marionc
7/13/2009 02:31 PM

great live shows. the energy is unrivaled and the lyrics aren't sarcastic or self-indulgent, which is pretty refreshing. have an open mind, and give them a listen.

brad5
brad5
7/13/2009 02:34 PM

Chux, I guess you haven't heard their album 'Emotionalism'. Really good song-writing and musicianship on that. That's all i really have to go by except a few Youtubes i've seen. They do break out the punk rock attitude, but their voices are good even when screaming. Its something else, for sure.

And, wow, that is what i call "extensive" touring.

chux7487
chux7487
7/13/2009 04:04 PM

nah i havent heard that album but ive seen thse guys five or six times the most recent being about a year ago and i actually am a really opened minded music fan, but i just dont dig these dudes i absolutely cannot stand them so sue me but im glad that they are fan pleasers because that tour is huge.

moonsafari
moonsafari
7/13/2009 04:27 PM

nohio

moephishH2O
moephishH2O
7/13/2009 04:39 PM

Now THAT'S a tour!

IFORGETGUYFORGET
IFORGETGUYFORGET
7/13/2009 05:46 PM

I live in Charlotte NC....I have lots of friends that love this band. I saw them about 5 years ago and then made the mistake of going to see them again at the orange peel in aville. This is the worst band that i have paid more than $20 to see in my life....I am 35 and have seen many shows... no offense to anyone.

chrishickie78
chrishickie78
7/13/2009 06:45 PM

Halloween at The Ryman in Nash-vegas! What a crazy crazy night of fun this shall be!!

Dire46daysWolf
Dire46daysWolf
7/13/2009 07:39 PM

This is just my 2 cents...I have seen these guys in fact they came to the town i live in to headline our annual festival the double decker festival, in oxford ms, and they were sort of a let down. I agree with you brad5 that Emotionalism is a beautiful album and both shame and die die die are my favorite tracks on that album. when i saw them live they jumped around and screamed into their mics. it was mind blowing to hear the contrast of them live after hearing what they can do on an album. they even opened up with shame and it sounded like a high school garage band was playing their stuff, so i can see where chux7487 is coming from. However, they do have a loyal fanbase and i really respect any band going on such an extensive tour. maybe they deserve a second chance for the oxford show...i'm trying to be optimistic here.

chux7487
chux7487
7/13/2009 10:03 PM

yea i mean killer tour nice props but id bring my earplugs and beer goggles ;)

sschaffner
sschaffner
7/14/2009 03:00 PM

i must defend here because these guys totally deserve it... if their 'brand' of music doesn't connect with you that's fine, but they are not amateurs, they are light years ahead of some juvenile garage band, and their live show is definitely worth $20. if you paid $20 without knowing what you were getting yourself into that's a you problem... not an avett brothers problem. i'll see you all at the ogden, minus the earplugs, minus the beer goggles (i'm there for the power and emotion of their music, not really concerned about how the boys are lookin' that night), and whiskey flask in tow.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use