Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

22 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
Rothbury | 07.02 | Day 1 Photos
Fanofbrew
Fanofbrew
7/5/2009 03:25 PM

Where are pictures from Day 2? Is Chad Smith alright?? I mean, Bonnaroo pics were updated the DAY OF and it's already Sunday but only DAY 1 pictures?!? I hate you jambase. I hate.

kellerhead
kellerhead
7/6/2009 08:01 AM

Just got home from Rothbury. Mixed reviews for me.

the good: toubab krewe, keller, the dead, the crowes, sci, the mushrooms, sherwood forest.

the bad: all you frat under 25 douchebags. i now agree with people like mimiluv and deathtonoobs. Noobs stay home. If youre under 25---stay home. if you dont know who the dead are--dont wear a dead shirt and...stay home. for those of you that were shoooting ooff fireworks during the day---youre obnoxious--stay home.

the ugly: kids under 16 with dreads..check that,,,anyone with dreads. youre disgusting and lame.

BRAHnnie_Lott
BRAHnnie_Lott
7/6/2009 12:56 PM

glad i didn't go with rothburywithcheese to rothbury you sound like a real party pooper. i know quiet a few kids under 25 that are not in a frat and definately are more into the dead than you will probably ever be. pretty sad that someone shooting fireworks off in the middle of the day puts a damper on your weekend. and as far as anyone with dreads being disgusting and lame, you are the one that paid a shit load of money to go to a JAM BAND FESTIVAL... that's right a JAM BAND FESTIVAL. obviously you are the noob that has never been to a festival before b/c if you have you would realize all the things you complain about are simply what happens at festivals. how about you stay home and jack your dad off in the shower while your mom eats your ass out instead of trying to control everyone else's good time. whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance

mrpalmer195
mrpalmer195
7/6/2009 05:48 PM

What an amazing festival. I think it may have even topped last year. Biscuits night one was amazing. SCI show pretty much blew my mind, and I don't think there was a better way to celebrate the fourth than to hear the Dead singing, "Wave that flag," while some fireworks that were better than I expected went off behind the stage. Also Railroad Earth, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, and Gov't Mule seriously rocked. Late night sherwood forest is something else. On a side note I hate to stereotype but anyone who says noobs stay home is kinda an idiot. Wasn't everyone a noob once? I mean this rothburywithcheese character obviously is a tool bashing everyone from frat boys to hippies all in one, but who cares if people come that are new to festivals. What is the problem?

Wailer06
Wailer06
7/7/2009 10:15 PM

The people sittin at that tree are in a mushroom/ toubab wonderland

bigfro
bigfro
7/8/2009 07:25 AM

By far the best festival I have ever been to. The fans couldn't have been nicer. The security was nonexistant.

The Music was amazing.

I was proud to see Lotus graduate from the bar scene and prove they deserve a place with the big boys. Similar efforts by Umphrey's and Disco Biscuits.

The crowd is Michigan is so cool. They wear hats with strange objects on it that dance above the crowds. People were just plain fun. I wasn't hastled at all.

My top 7 of the festival.

1. String Cheese Incident- It is impossible to describe how unhinged and wild it was at the String Cheese ShoW. Not only was the band perfect and intense, but it felt as if you were at Cirque de Soleil with all the fire breathers and acrobats on stage and the crazy Orion fires in the sky. String CHeese set the bar so high that the rest of the weekend, as good as it was, only seemed an attempt to recreate a high at the CHEEZE like I haven't seen since Jerry left us. This band will be back after New Years.

2. Disco Biscuits - They brought dance music to another level. Also as unhinged and wild as Cheese and it didn't hurt that the crowd was pumped up by #3 on this list. the Biscuits will have to start renting Bigger halls.

3. Lotus, graduated to the big time

4. Chromeo. The coolest ever and you all must see him

5. Umphrey's McGee just tore it up Also showing that their days in bars may be numbered.

6. The Dead - Great Show, but I found myself drawn to Umphrey's.

7. BOb DYlan- I was Tripping face and it was a surprise how great a band he had with him. Bob also sounded great.

I won't insult anyone there. I enjoyed many bands. These are just my favorites.

Thank You Rothbury. You are good people.

asteroid99
asteroid99
7/8/2009 04:19 PM

Funny, I heard Kid Cudi canceled but there is a pic of him and it looks like the Cool Kids rapper to me. Oh wait, it is. Maybe jambase should hire photographers that know who they're shooting

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use