Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

21 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
Telluride Bluegrass Fest | 06.17 - 06.21 | CO
AndreaScout
AndreaScout
6/30/2009 12:33 PM

@florentinepogen: I believe SCI is banned from playing Telluride.

My father was the President of the Mountain Village Owner's Association from 2007-2008. Among other things, the MVOA works closely with all of the festivals held at Town park in Telluride. MVOA rents and regulates parking in Mountain Village for Town of Telluride festivals and events.

My father is aware of my die hard love of String Cheese and has let me know on a number of occasions that they are no longer allowed to play in Telluride because, "too many kids took acid and threw up on the streets."

Not sure how long this supposed ban would last though.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

SureFireFrenzy
SureFireFrenzy
6/30/2009 08:52 PM

WOW! I really wish I could have gone. reminds me of why this is one of the best festivals around. Great job with the photography, see you next year.

2channelguy
2channelguy
7/1/2009 08:01 AM

Those pictures are just great. They capure the spirit of the festival in every way.

Am not sure what the reporter was doing for most of the weekend because he missed some of the best music. Greensky Bluegrass on Saturday morning played probably the most explosive, best music. That band has effectively blown Yonder away. As the nightgrass report says when you listen to Yonder now you realise that they don't have any new songs in the last 10 years. About all they have are new covers, no new songs that they wrote.

Buddy Miller and the Greencards played excellent sets, presumably during a period when the reporter was taking a nap.

I love this festival - it is the best. The pictures are exceptional.

cluckinchicken
cluckinchicken
7/1/2009 11:32 AM

The festival was AMAZING! The vibe from the fest, the people, the music...just outstanding. This was my first TBF, and I tell you what, I better be dead...or in jail if I miss another one!

mattguff9
mattguff9
7/1/2009 08:52 PM

One of the great festivals in the US. Perfect location far away from any urban centers so the only folks that make the trip, know the unique experience they are getting. I went to '04 and '06 and miss it very much. The most community-oriented festival I have ever attended.

RRE is the hottest live band going right now. I'll keep saying it until everyone knows it. They rip it up and I never miss them. Great review.

I too have stayed up at the higher altitudes, but was fortunate enough to have sober drivers...quite essential as the author found out. Next time jambase should pay for an exorbinant downtown apartment.

Also, the Opera house is the most unique venue I have ever seen. Would love to have seen some nightgrass photos. My '06 Drew Emmitt et al. show is a super-fond memory. Ah, to reminisce...

mrbrownstone419
mrbrownstone419
7/4/2009 01:24 PM

for the record ymsb has put out several albums of new material over the last ten years. that band plays an incredible amount of songs, like over 100 on any given four night run. i believe it was more of a reference that with the 99 setlist it is easy to forget how long they've been around.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use