Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

13 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Steve Kimock Crazy Engine | 06.16 | MO
JamBase
JamBase
6/29/2009 12:00 AM

Steve Kimock Crazy Engine | 06.16 | MO
The music never stopped with Kimock and Co. as they deliver three sets after Phish's Fox show...

florentinepogen
florentinepogen
6/29/2009 02:41 PM

Kimock is just flat-out boring. His band just extends the meandering jamming.

POTKETTLEB1ACK
POTKETTLEB1ACK
6/29/2009 03:17 PM

I'm not trying to hate, nor have I heard Kimock, but the only thing I've heard thus far about him is that he hasn't been selling any venues out and plays to small crowds. Maybe I'm a leaning to heavily on the tour stop in Miami a while back where my friend says he sold 20-something tickets before the night of the show. I WANT him to be good and I WANT to like him so maybe I'll check him out at HSMF!

Widespreadhammock
Widespreadhammock
6/29/2009 04:49 PM

gotta start somewhere....kimock is the shit!

Ilikephish531
Ilikephish531
6/29/2009 05:25 PM

ahh ya damn kids, this is rediculous. just go listen to kimock, you will be better for it. that is all.

friendlyjohn
friendlyjohn
6/29/2009 07:29 PM

I downloaded this show the other day.This is great stuff,An awesome sounding SBD/AUD matrix courtesy of Charlie Miller.Steve is a master & makes the guitar sing like no other.I hope he keeps Reed Mathis on bass.I've seen over a half dozen bass players with Steve & like Mathis the best.Melvin does a great job on organ with that classic B-3 sound.Steve's son does a great job on drums.This show,like all of Kimock's, is all about that classic Steve Kimock tone.This is what Electric Guitar should sound like.Download this show now & have a great time riding those K waves !

milesgone
milesgone
6/30/2009 03:48 AM

if you liked jerry garcia. then you should like Kimock.

his tone is magic.

he is slow to build up, and if you have a short attention span and you are an impatient person, then you will never get it.

mesaxi
mesaxi
6/30/2009 05:52 AM

I love Kimock, but I would never compair him to Jerry Garcia. Kimock's a much better player, but Jerry's playing had more personality. I wonder why Janis left, I heard that Kimock is hard to work with.

mesaxi
mesaxi
6/30/2009 05:52 AM

I love Kimock, but I would never compair him to Jerry Garcia. Kimock's a much better player, but Jerry's playing had more personality. I wonder why Janis left, I heard that Kimock is hard to work with.

milesgone
milesgone
6/30/2009 09:56 AM

compare*

as far as tone goes. jerry=kimock TONE. its all about the TONE.

hoover420
hoover420
7/2/2009 10:19 AM

Kimock boring? Not selling out shows? Kimock is one of the most talented musicians and most exciting guitar players you will ever see or hear! Just because he doesn't sell out every show doesn't mean Kimock Crazy Engine is not good.... it means that phish fans don't know what real music is all about! Sorry, I just can't stand Phish.

It is about the TONE! And I am not sure why Janis left? Kimock probably is difficult to work with... not too many people can play at his level.

Joy90036
Joy90036
7/3/2009 10:33 PM

If you haven't heard Kimock yet, I highly recommend checking out his band from about 10 years ago called KVHW, with ray white sining. archive.org has a bunch of shows - a favorite of mine is wetlands NYC 7-17-99

SpreadItOn
SpreadItOn
7/8/2009 08:48 AM

Steve Kimock is an amazing musician. he is very Jerry-like, but i prefer Jerry's playing. although i love his stuff with crazy engine, i must say i agree fully with Joy.. his stuff with KVHW was awesome and definitely worth checking out.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use