Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

34 Total Messages • Page 1 of 3 • 1 2 3 Next » 
SCI | 06.24.09 | Denver, CO
JamBase
JamBase
6/29/2009 12:00 AM

SCI | 06.24.09 | Denver, CO
SCI plays a private "sound check" party in Denver and we've got the pics...

CoreyBauer
CoreyBauer
6/29/2009 11:09 AM

best scene... best jams... best band out there right now...

tbhokes
tbhokes
6/29/2009 11:13 AM

^^ Agreed. Welcome back boys bring on Winter Carnival!! Horning's 2010!! The Pictures alone make this a great Monday. Hope there having fun again.

kaiserbun
kaiserbun
6/29/2009 11:32 AM

good to see them back, hope a full tour is announced for 2010. Looks like a full-out show to me, not sure why they called it a "private soundcheck".

MimiLuv
MimiLuv
6/29/2009 11:43 AM

when your side bands fail, and your not making money anymore....REUNION TIME! (that was quick)

bnaylor
bnaylor
6/29/2009 11:49 AM

ya and rothbury lied to us, its not there only show of 09....... i agree trey is wilson 100% with that.... looks like the weather will be great for this weekend... bring a hoodie and munchies and have fun...

PWA
PWA
6/29/2009 12:07 PM

I was having a great day until I saw this. Absolutely terrible... I wish these guys and their fans would take a long walk off of the many cliffs in their close vicinity. Have fun with your hula hoops, losers

curtbraski
curtbraski
6/29/2009 12:08 PM

it was called a "private soundcheck" so Rothbury could still consider it their only "show" of '09...

"best scene... best jams... best band out there right now..."---> they haven't even been playing so this comment makes no sense whatsoever

"when your side bands fail, and your not making money anymore....REUNION TIME! (that was quick)"---> now this statement makes a lot of sense =)

willydog
willydog
6/29/2009 12:17 PM

^^^^Hmmm I think the same statement could go like:

"When your lead guy is strung out and gets busted and needs cash for court cases and all of your side projects fail...it's reunion time." Way to go Phish.

And to the guy asking folks to walk off a cliff...you are just a jackass.

UseURHead
UseURHead
6/29/2009 12:42 PM

willydog... please don't do anything even remotely close to comparing Phish vs. SCI. While I won't go too far with it, I'll simply say they are in two completely different leagues. To suggest that Trey, or Phish, need money is just plain stupid. I'll admit that they may want be as comfortable as they were in the late 90's but do you really believe that they were broke with residuals, still selling live shows and apparrel? Not to mention Trey was still touring and I'm sure making a fairly decent dollar doing so. On the otherhand, it's a safe bet that SCI was never at a financial level that would support them for the rest of their lives... I don't recall ever seeing them listed in the top 5 grossing tour list...

LaurelKinman
LaurelKinman
6/29/2009 12:53 PM

Fabulous pictures Tobin!

It was an amazing evening thoroughly enjoyed by devoted fans/friends and family. It was truly a dress rehearsal as mentioned during that night, these guys really wanted to come back to Rothbury and have a great show for everyone there.

It's sad to see the negative comments here, I always wonder why some folks have to bash a band that does nothing but uplift their audience. I still can't stop smiling from last week and I hope everyone at Rothbury enjoys their set as much as I enjoyed their rehearsal.

willydog
willydog
6/29/2009 01:03 PM

UseURHead...I would never want to compare the two bands. I was just making a point, that too quickly folks jump to the money grab conclusion. The Sound Check was a fund raiser for Concious Alliance. That doesn't sound like it was about the money to me. Rothbury is a Madison House event. Playing there does not sound like it is about the money to me. Just pointing out the straw man logic. Bigger isn't better. I hope they tour in 2010, because I am a fan. Let's not be so quick to trivialize why they are coming together, it just sounds shallow and uninformed.

gettintwisty
gettintwisty
6/29/2009 01:04 PM

I simply can not wait til their Roth set...much more pumped for SCI this year than Widespread last year...

......Jambase - good music and vibes - good people should not equal a lot of hate on these boards...

fadel
fadel
6/29/2009 02:05 PM

Nershi is a douche. Spank you very much on your bottoms. Good to see Kyle and the boys

snugglinnugs
snugglinnugs
6/29/2009 02:16 PM

willy dog you got it right on, it was a consious alliance event, and they only sold like 20 tickets for any one that didnt get in at the last minute. from all my experiences i have never had a bad vibe at cheese. cant wait for a winter carnival tour!!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use