God...I LOVE THIS MAN!!!!!

hayden4
hayden4
6/25/2009 10:31 AM

HARRISON,aloha!

gmoo
gmoo
6/25/2009 11:15 AM

This is a cool tribute. It's nice to see Jim pay homage to George's passing. However, when it comes to MMJ, 21mmer nailed it right on the head.

denverguy
denverguy
6/25/2009 11:56 AM

This is a cool tribute, I guess (8 years late), but goddamn, MMJ used to be SO much cooler. Yim Yames? Give me a fucking break, JIM. Give me anything up to and including "It Still Moves" (before every d-bag hipster in the world bought Z), and before Mr. James got so pretentious as to expect us to call him by some ridiculous made up name.

jgtwentysix
jgtwentysix
6/28/2009 05:44 PM

^^ ah yes, the old "I like them right up until everyone else started to like them" mindset. It's a classic. Z is a good album. How does it possibly make a difference to you if a lot of other people also like it? What if all those hipsters then bought every other MMJ album because they liked Z so much? Would they still be d-bags?

Also, Jim doesn't expect "us" to call him anything because the majority of us will never say one word to him. Do you think Prince made his friends and family draw out his name symbol and hold it up to him when they wanted to get his attention? I have no idea what he is really like but I would think the people he actually talks to will still call him Jim. In conclusion, f'ing relax about his new name. It's not a big deal and has zero effect on the music that he'll produce under it.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use