Phish | 06.19 | Indiana Photos

crowesfan
crowesfan
6/20/2009 09:52 AM

Setlists are starting to look familiar.

thesource420
thesource420
6/20/2009 10:29 AM

crowesfan's mom is starting to look familiar too...at least her rear end that is.

galactic44
galactic44
6/20/2009 10:38 AM

Setlists ARE looking rather familiar, not only with the songs being played, but also the SLOTS that the songs are falling into... Most veteran phishheads probably have a pretty good idea of whats coming- which seems to limit the creativity and uniqueness of the shows.. I mean, its a fun parlor trick to turn to a newbie and say 'YEM' cuz its been 3 shows since they played it and there is 40 minutes left in the show, and then, WHAM! YEM! Makes you look cool, might get you laid, but doesn't create better shows... So to nitpick- the problems I have had so far with this tour is

1. Predictability (see above)

2. New songs too often (I know, I know, the band wants to get tighter with the new tunes, know them inside and out, but c'mon- 5 Ocelots in 13 shows? Thats MORE than 1 every 3 shows!! Also, I forget which tune it was, but a new song being played 2 nights in a row earlier in tour?? REPEATS???? Blech..) and

3. Not enough bustouts/ same big tunes being played over and over.. Hood, YEM, Tweezer.. For a band with such a HUGE catalog of tunes, why don't they play some more of them? Being off the road and rusty is a poor excuse- rehearse more or something, but c'mon Phish! Shouldn't being sober HELP? I thought the dead did a pretty good job of mixing it up, playing a good variety, no repeats fer christsakes! I'm not tryin' to hate, just a little dissapointed is all.. Flame on!

thesource420
thesource420
6/20/2009 10:44 AM

^ it's super obvious that you haven't actually seen any of the shows this tour in person. Otherwise you'd know how fucking stupid you sound. It's not what is being played, it's HOW it's being played. It's annoying as hell how people nitpick and are super critical of something they have no clue about. seriously, if you were at any of these shows you'd have somewhat of a clue what you speakof.

galactic44
galactic44
6/20/2009 10:56 AM

Actually, I have just missed last night, Roo (couldn't PAY me to go to Roo anymore..) and Fenway..- thats WHY my bitching is somewhat valid, because I have seen TOO MANY shows this tour! Also, I freely admitted I was nitpicking, which is sortof unfair, I just hold this band to a higher standard, and I am still trying to have it feel like '97 again (I know I need to let that go but..) I would make the same complaints if that stuff happened at any of my favorite band's tours.. REPEATS! C'mon.. I'll admit they are playing pretty good considering, and this tour is WAY better than phish2.0, but still not living up to potential. Sorry thesource, I am not a phish newb who thinks they can do no wrong, I have seen them since 95 and expect more. I expect SHIT from their idiot phans like YOU who can't accept constructive criticism and instead have to freak out and talk shit to me like the 119 shows I've seen mean nothing.. DOUCHE!

thesource420
thesource420
6/20/2009 11:10 AM

i prefer a salt water douche myself...cleans the vag like none other. i have an extraone if you need it after seeing 119 shows...i'd imagine you got a bit of vag cheese of the cottage variety going on. not so fresh feeling? try salt water/vinegar...works wonders.

galactic44
galactic44
6/20/2009 11:23 AM

Umm Ok

phishman706
phishman706
6/20/2009 11:23 AM

this show was pretty wild, they played rather well, good to hear wedge, twist, 2001, crazy storms added to the intensity of the night.

the only thing i found disappointing was some of the fans. i gave this girl a miracle and not even a thank you she just asked me if i had any others to give out to her friends. kids these days are so ungrateful

Flat5
Flat5
6/20/2009 11:44 AM

Phish rules! Cant wait for Red Rocks and Shoreline!!! btw, galactic44 " Being off the road and rusty is a poor excuse- rehearse more or something, but c'mon Phish! Shouldn't being sober HELP?" Dude, I'm so glad I'll never meet you! Get a life!

Flat5
Flat5
6/20/2009 11:54 AM

and you get laid because you know what song is coming up next? dude, you are the reason why just being a "veteran phishhead" in itself is not neccesarily a good thing. I'd rather rock out next to a "newbie" who enjoys MUSIC at a show than a "veteran phishhead" such as yourself, and I'm sure you are an alright guy in real life, you maybe should just consider listening to something besides Phish once in a while. From what I've heard, I think Phish is playing some great music this tour! It's about energy, feeling, inspiration, and dedication, all of which the band is exhibiting this tour.

Also, Phish is not the Dead. Still comparing? Really?!?

Umphreed
Umphreed
6/20/2009 01:11 PM

i mean......really? Such arguments over such a miniscule, pathetic group of 4 northeastern nerds? i think the west coast just last week found out Phish was on tour, and we are all still waiting for Bobby and Yonder in the late summer, not even hyped for these four Simple musicians. If only Phish had lyrics that held any meaning, AND fans that weren't %100 nitrous and dope fueled scum, AND they did not rape the general public for ticket sales, AND trey was not a douch, AND they showed some real West Coast Love (like, play in Oregon, dumbasses)........Not really sure what all the hype is......but maybe i am too far in the woods out here......

TheMusicNeverSto…
TheMusicNeverSto…
6/20/2009 01:14 PM

i am not getting in this argument

but galactic...of the shows you have seen what has been your favorite thus far...not just because of originality of set lists and what not but what show did you come away from saying, wow thats the best i have seen

radioboy
radioboy
6/20/2009 01:42 PM

Does anyone have any information on how I should like phish? Also, how did they tell the people who went to their cars the show was back on? Also, the source is a dumbass!

radioboy
radioboy
6/20/2009 01:43 PM

Wharfrat you too!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use