Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

23 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
Georgia Theatre Burns Down
moephishH2O
moephishH2O
6/19/2009 01:16 PM

Very sad to hear this. I've seen some great shows there...

swcripps
swcripps
6/19/2009 02:11 PM

I will make the trip from oxford for the benefit show tomorrow

andrewq
andrewq
6/19/2009 02:59 PM

I feel sick! How awful! That place is like the Southeast's Fillmore!

wessew
wessew
6/19/2009 04:27 PM

man that sucks had a hell of a lot of good times there. rip georgia theatre

BourbonTide
BourbonTide
6/20/2009 10:20 AM

Perpetual groove benefit show tonight at the Classic center. Be there, and let's start this rebuilding process together Athenians. WE WILL PREVAIL

BourbonTide
BourbonTide
6/20/2009 10:21 AM

Perpetual groove benefit show tonight at the Classic center. Be there, and let's start this rebuilding process together Athenians. WE WILL PREVAIL

thieveried
thieveried
6/22/2009 07:51 AM

this is truly one of the most heart-breaking stories i've heard in quite a while... i've attended quite a few shows at the theatre and it was definitely my favorite venue ever. it will be rebuilt but that place was nostalgic... you can't replace a 70 year old theatre, it will never be the same.

thank you for the great shows i had there. (p groove, telepath, STS9, shpongle, the list goes on...)

eskimoads
eskimoads
7/7/2009 01:00 PM

The Taco Stand Atlanta Present a Benefit supporting the rebuild of the Georgia Theatre on Saturday, July 11 at 7pm:

Live music from Athens musicians Trey Boyer (dimestore), Adam Payne (APB), Chris Moore (The Spins) and special guests.

Drink Specials: $2.50 – Sam Adams & Sam Adams Light and $4 – All Well Liquor Drinks

Lots of Raffles and Giveaways

No cover with a portion of sales and all raffles and donations going to Rebuilding the Georgia Theatre.

If you have an item to raffle that you would like to add to the cause, email lorrie@eskimoadvertising.com.

http://eskimoadvertising.wordpress.com/

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use