Bonnaroo | 06.11 - 06.14 | Manchester, TN
POTKETTLEB1ACK
POTKETTLEB1ACK
6/18/2009 02:44 PM

oakenfold stopped at 6 i'm pretty sure

CoreyBauer
CoreyBauer
6/18/2009 04:16 PM

ghillieblunt.. took it a little personally there... let me guess... you wear jerseys , a sideways hat and with a designer shirt under that jersey, huh? LOL

my question about beastie boys is legitimate. I really don't understand.. but i want to. So you listen to them for the instrumental skills? interesting... thanks for explaining the appeal to me :)

HeyHeyHey1
HeyHeyHey1
6/18/2009 04:40 PM

I dont know what you guys are talking about, I saw just as many older people than I did younger people, it was a nice balance really. I'd say the average age was 27 or so. The music was amazing, great security, I didnt see one person get busted outside or inside. And whoever said someone got busted for smoking a bowl inside the roo at their campsite is full of shit. Cops dont arrest people inside of the roo unless if its for something serious. This guy told me he sold shit to an undercover and all he did was seize his shit and let him go, and that they weren't allowed to arrest people. I had a great time , and it seems like everyone else did too. I feel bad for the people who put down this fest, they dont know what they missed this year. Also no mention of rodrigo y gabriela ? That set was sick!

johnnyblaze36
johnnyblaze36
6/18/2009 09:33 PM

The author had me until he said that his days with moe. were pretty much done (even though he still respects the master jammers). That was definitely the best "set" of the entire festival far and away. I still haven't gotten over it and never will. I hope I didn't miss anything worth reading in the last 4 pages.

Capaldius
Capaldius
6/19/2009 03:13 AM

Hey Hey Hey, I agree with you about security being lax this year. As far as the guy being busted at the campsite for smoking a bowl, that happened. I don't know what post your referencing so I'm not sure if that post is about what happened with my friend. I went with a crew of 11 of my friends. On Sunday night, half of us went to see Phish and the other half stayed back at the campsite. My wife and I were the only ones to stay for the whole show. When we got back to our campsite, we had just missed our friends getting busted. They we're hanging out playing cornhole and decided to smoke a bowl. They were lighting up when four sheriffs rolled up on ATVs. They patted everyone down, took the weed, left the bubbler and gave one of my friends who was lighting the bowl when they rolled up a 500 dollar citation for simple possesion. He didn't get arrested but I saw the ticket with all the info with my own too eyes. I then proceeded to warn everybody that walked by, leaving Phish, about what happened. If it happened to my friend, I'm sure it happened to someone else. Whoever said something about that is definitely not full of shit.

Capaldius
Capaldius
6/19/2009 03:14 AM

correction: two eyes

willn
willn
6/19/2009 07:13 AM

The author seems to be kinda full of himself.

Thanks for the nipple shot, though.

CoreyBauer
CoreyBauer
6/19/2009 08:39 AM

yes he is ...

so are most that enjoy this festival ...

want a festival ? go to string summit

danimal2
danimal2
6/19/2009 11:21 AM

i have to say this article sucked. How can you hate on byrne??? The beastie boys cant play theyre instruments for shit. NIN was tripping me out real hard and I'll never ever forget that moe show. King sunny ade was amazing as were phish springsteen and merle haggard. I thyought mgmt was hilariously bad which made it fun. Not sure if I can ever go to another festival again because where the fuck else will moe play that long and will you see springsteen with phis. PS dont ever go to a festival looking for drugs, bring your shit from home thats what I did. Cheaper and better

stuckinabeat
stuckinabeat
6/19/2009 03:54 PM

CoreyBauer 6/18/2009 04:16 PM • [Report Abuse]

ghillieblunt.. took it a little personally there... let me guess... you wear jerseys , a sideways hat and with a designer shirt under that jersey, huh? LOL

Well i dont know about him, but i sure did, except i buy my shirts at target and dont wear a hat. I'm sure you would still profile me and make some bullshit ASSumption about me even though i have been going to fests for the music for the last 5 years. You know in a way i understand where your coming from because this materialistic society we live in is a bunch of BS, but not everyone can break free from it and if it wasnt for assholes like yourself who think they are better than everyone else because they are SO heady, the scene would be a lot better also. Not everyone can have dreads and go on tour, some of us have kids and responsiblity. I really loath people like you.

CoreyBauer
CoreyBauer
6/19/2009 05:13 PM

stuckinabeat...

you're right you are stuck. kids, responsibilities and target. ouch!

shouldn't shop at target though.. its not healthy for you or the sweatshop labor you are contributing too. If you need some shirts, holla at me ... I make a bunch of tour shirts to sell on tour.. i will donate. (then you can go loathe yourself)

My whole point is bonnaroo is NOT the scene... and your stupid if you think it is.

smiles

thelloyd
thelloyd
6/20/2009 10:34 AM

I've been since 06' moved to Tullahoma ( town over from Manchester) in 04' and love it every year, people that hate didn't even go. As with most situations, only dumb people get punished with arrests or whatever, you are allowed to do what you do whatever it is, so long as you don't interfere with someone else's time. Assholes and douches get singled out quickly, because everyone comes to have a good time, and refuse to let anyone or anything stop us. If you have a chance go, Rodrigo y Gabriela blew my mind, saw them as tent act in 07' then main stage 09' they are evovling at an astonishing rate, 11:11 is going to be one of "those" albums in the best way possible

jrp4202
jrp4202
6/20/2009 12:38 PM

coreybauer - your so cool. i wish i could have no responsibilities and just tour around america and watch crunchy toons and talk shit on jambase. i dont understand what the point in being an ass is, nor do i understand why im taking the time to be an ass back. its so dumb to judge people because of what they wear or your opinion on the "scene." Sorry bud but the scene is life and everyone lives it differently. just because i choose to have short hair nice clothes and attend law school does not say shit about who i am, and you spitting your game here sure does show how dumb you are. get over yourself bro/child

smiles

CoreyBauer
CoreyBauer
6/22/2009 08:27 AM

jrp...

FYI,

i have short hair, nice clothes and a couple degrees from college too (imagine that). But my degrees taught me that there are way more importants things to life than working the 9-5 and shopping at target (maybe yours did not)...

I was simply being critical.. creating conversation. You callin people stupid, proves you ain't part of the scene (or have any idea what its all about)...

please do not come to any phish, cheese, moe. or dead shows.... i do not want to be brought down ...

double smiles :)

rastarusty
rastarusty
6/22/2009 11:52 AM

cool, lets all fight and yell at each other. Point is, there was an awesome time to be had. If you let yourself enjoy it.

somebody mentioned Rodrigo y Gabriela. That set was ridiculous. I had never seen them before, those guitar skills completely blew my mind.

I saw citizen copes whole set. Probably no one on here digs him, but he brought some soul.

Al green was funky as ever. Moe. was straight up ridiculous!!! always a good time, and this set was insane.

Idk, i pretty much got a taste of everybody, and then caught larger chunks or full sets from the people i really wanted to see.

Its a cool opportunity. A lot of these bands, were somebody who i probably wouldn't have gone to see ever had they not been at the roo. It's just nice to be able to sample broader range of music.

Also, there was something here for everybody. The comedy tent, movies,all kinds of stuff. Great to see something like this.

Bottom line, if your not buzz killington, there was a great time to be had here. Worth checkin out

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use