Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

67 Total Messages • Page 3 of 5 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 
Bonnaroo | 06.11 - 06.14 | Manchester, TN
mesaxi
mesaxi
6/18/2009 10:36 AM

Constant moe. Snubbing on JamBase. What the fuck? Neither the Saturday or Sunday articles mentioned them, and now the full article ignores them. For a band that plays a 1 AM spot and rages it until 6 AM with a full crowd the entire time, I think it may be worth reviewing.

Blinds35
Blinds35
6/18/2009 10:39 AM

Kayceman - Nice article - You are the voice of this jamband generation!

That being said, why come when you were repeatedly personally insulting people who were not stoked to see Bruce Springsteen and don't believe that he really belonged there and believe it or not are true music fans who GASP! even enjoy songcraft - did you fail to mention the festering steaming pile of dung that was "Santa Claus is coming to town" that he laid down?

Otherwise, awesome article, your recaps and interviews are the backbone of this website!!!

hayden4
hayden4
6/18/2009 10:41 AM

roo is for the KIDS!!!!!!!!! all 8o,ooo of them see you at the real deal .........

dontpanic56
dontpanic56
6/18/2009 10:43 AM

THERE IS TIT POPPING OUT OF THE ASIAN IN THE GIRL TALK PICTURE, I REPEAT BOOBAGE BETWEEN GIRL TALK

hayden4
hayden4
6/18/2009 10:45 AM

how many BASKETBALL jerseys and side ways baseball caps.........whats happening to AMERICA,a bunch of want-a-b's............get it together youth!!!!

pjdmotown
pjdmotown
6/18/2009 10:58 AM

As long as the kids attract security to theirselves let them go for it. That just means I have even less to worry about. Agreed about the older group having better stuff. I've been bringing my own for awhile now so I don't have to worry about it but occasionally run into some cool folks that have had things that made my head explode. Just saying be lienient on the little fuckers. Everybody has to pop their cherry sometime. And god was some of it entertaining to watch. I almost shit myself laughing so hard at this kid who tried to drink some of my moonshine and promptly threw up on himself.

gainsb
gainsb
6/18/2009 10:58 AM

Thank you for pointing out the obvious - MGMT really sucked....I couldn't figure out how they would fill in 1.5hours of music when they only have one album. So they played 2 unfinished songs and asked the crowd not to listen to the lyrics cause they aren't done....

Of montreal was crazy - they finished up the set by destroying everything, guitars, drums, microphones. One of the best shows I have ever seen.

sumodie
sumodie
6/18/2009 11:01 AM

I have to laugh at the people who claim Bonnaroo is too mainstream. Easily 80% (probably more like 95%+) of the artists are so NOT mainstream. I hadn't been back since 2002, and I only came for Phish this year (everything else was 'icing on the cake'!). My mind was blown by so many fantastic musicians, and I wished I could have heard at least another 20 bands.

To the writer, glad that you got re-energized by Phish. The band has been throwing down some amazing shows -see Camden, Ashville, and Knoxville. The new stuff is pretty damn good, they look happy and relaxed, and their playing has been tight with the jams slowly coming back. They really proved themselves at the roo -and won over a lot new phans.

I never was a Bruce fan, but his Saturday show was awesome, including the Santa Claus Coming to Town segment. And his appearance with Phish was absolutely phenomenal -I will never forget it. I always respected the Boss, but now he means so much more to me.

As for Snoop Dogg, I am not a fan, but it was very cool to watch him and the crowd before phish -at what other festival can you match that kind of crazy diversity?!?

Awesome festival all around: great music, great vibe, great people. Thank you all!!!

CoreyBauer
CoreyBauer
6/18/2009 12:56 PM

Exactly my point... noobs. A whole bunch a f***in noobs... that wouldn't know good music if it were to bite them in the ass (which it tried to with a couple acts at Bonnaroo). Sideways hats, jerseys, designer shirts... BLAH. Who wants to go be with 80'000 of these people? wheres the patchworks, kids that will drink all that moonshine and keep asking you for more. They ain't at bonnaroo thats for sure (unless their following phish).

Funny when i think of the crowd going to bonnaroo.. i think of a very defined crowd. Such as my friend; I was just on Moe. west coast tour and they played in front of a couple hundred people at every show. I had an friend who claims to be all about music. Going to bonnaroo, doing this doing that. I asked him if he wanted to go see Moe at the roxy... he said no no .. he'll just wait and see them at bonnaroo. wtf?! So he passed up seeing moe at one of the intimate venues (roxy) that they'll play at... and decided to go see them standing behind 10'000 people? (needless to say he became just an acquaintance after this decision) cus he's F*ckin idiot. I think this would sum up alot of the folks at bonnaroo

And ps I do think mainstream is the right word technically (for some it is), but I don't think all the bands playing @ bonnaroo are too mainstream.... as I do not think that my friends band is too mainstream....

they all just suck....

toodles :)

spleenween
spleenween
6/18/2009 01:31 PM

jtaylor - thanks for the recap of moe. - that show was really amazing to be a part of. so who else was gettin down with zach deputy on shakedown all weekend? good to see he's back in action after getting all of his shit stolen.

tamser4035
tamser4035
6/18/2009 01:32 PM

Just got my ticket to Rothbury!!!! It sounds like I made the right decision. Unless the median age 18 people go to see The Dead, Willie Nelson, and Bob Dylan headline. I really want to see Phish this year. I would have to drive for 3 hours on a wednesday to see them though. I am going to have to settle for a little Cheese in the woods. I can live with that.

nickrbk
nickrbk
6/18/2009 01:33 PM

does anybody know what time Oakenfold quite playing? it was so fucking light and i needed sleep. It felt like he was going to play until noon! Damn what a night for me. the best day of music i have ever experienced which says a lot. Al Green > Beastie Boys > Phish > Girl Talk till 4:30 > Oakenfold until? Damn what a night that was!

CoreyBauer
CoreyBauer
6/18/2009 02:04 PM

can someone please tell me the appeal of the beastie boys?

All i see is kinda burnt out, old, white rappers (and not the best rappers in the world at that).

I'm probably a little biased... cus I have a strong dislike for rap (even have questions in my mind if its really even music.. or just a fast spoken word to computer made beats)

.... but curious what peeps see in them. someone?...

and cheese! good choice tamser .. they are as good as it gets...

full tour in 2010 :)

ghilliesblunt
ghilliesblunt
6/18/2009 02:23 PM

those old white rappers play instruments as well, and are quite talented at it...

please bless us with more of your worldly festival knowledge CoreyBauer!!!

its pretty sad that you judge festi-goers solely on their apparel, but rather not their appreciation for good music and entertainment, sorry not everyone has a tie-dye shirt and crunchy patchwork pants at a fest

by all means if you wanna keep spinning around in circles and picking flowers to moe., youre more than entitled to but theres no need to criticize anothers variation of the festival experience

christophebaise
christophebaise
6/18/2009 02:39 PM

It's cool the Jam community can have respect for so many different styles of music. Jambase has been covering a more diverse range and Bonnaroo has been presenting more and more different sytles. I doubt you'll ever start to see jam band coverage in a rap magazine or see moe. playing at ozzfest or something.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use