Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

25 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
Phish | 06.16 | The Fox, St. Louis
JamBase
JamBase
6/17/2009 12:00 AM

Phish | 06.16 | The Fox, St. Louis
The Fabulous Fox: a majestic venue (though slightly flat show) as we hit the Midwest...

binman1
binman1
6/17/2009 10:58 AM

the author has no reference point of phish if he ranks this show in the bottom of the tour but this show also has big bust outs of new songs, sleep, frankie says, mike's w/hyrdrogen, halley's, boogie on and a 3 song encore including the huge bust-out, McGrupp!

how many shows and since what year did the author start seeing Phish? he obviously isn't qualified to lay down a harsh judgement of ranking this show in the bottom given the tour.

and Slave to The Traffic Light, too? give me a break, author...go write a review about Umphrey's, either that or go back and read the helping friendly book, because you wouldn't know a 'golden hose' show if you saw one and your review is Read-Icculous!

Delfino
Delfino
6/17/2009 11:33 AM

I have to agree with FatChance. But, I also agree with the reviewer. Allow me to explain. I think the reviewer truly thought it was a great show, but after giving almost everything glowing reviews, he chose to put a negative caveat on it. All I have to say is, life is better when you have a positive outlook.

I am officially with FatChance. The show was absolutely incredible!! Traffic A+, entry line A+, Venue A+++, Staff A+, crowd A ( a ton of vets. seemed everyone there had been to a min of 20 shows), beer lines c, bathroom line A+, lights A+++, sound LOUD LOUD LOUD. As far as the band, they were incredible! Inspired, tight, focused, excited. The setlists may have been up and down, but hey, those are perfect spots to go to the bathroom and grab a beer. I am firm believer in the prescribed highs and lows of a show. However, the highs of this show were over the top. Personally I really like Sleep and Train Song as well, so even the 'low's' were great last night. Reviewer should lighter up. There is a fine line between being a critical fan and being a Debbie Downer.

Dpoo
Dpoo
6/17/2009 12:18 PM

I must have been at a completely different show than this reviewer. What a great time last night was.

bradnotbrad
bradnotbrad
6/17/2009 12:22 PM

A BIG LAUGH at everyone who paid $300 for this shitshow.

MimiLuv
MimiLuv
6/17/2009 02:27 PM

people give me a break, the reviewer is DEAD ON go download the sbd and listen to this show without the pharmies and the E and youll see too that trey sounds terrible, just straight up BAD. first set was like listening to someone scratching a chalkboard. a few songs were good and mcrupp was a nice bust out, but if you consider "frankie sez" and "sleep" bustouts, i just hafto laugh

florentinepogen
florentinepogen
6/17/2009 02:28 PM

Phish '09 = Grateful Dead '93

Madhatter20001
Madhatter20001
6/17/2009 03:29 PM

^lol funny but a little bit of an exaggeration. they have played well this tour but more often than not they are missing it. did we forget that they played brian and robert, what a fuckin t00n!

Fee92seeya
Fee92seeya
6/17/2009 04:27 PM

ok so this guy is a total reporter..... not a phan!!!! so lets cut him some slack... maybe... so you've done this tour... me!! Sunday Bonnaroo that was my 165th show dating back to 93' Great Woods... that's a lot of years minus 4 1/2.. your crazy dude.. after what i just experienced at bonnarroo PHISH was on the top of the world.. they look good, sounded great and freakin rocked that joint...their energy was high and i'm sure playing the Fox they were up for it.... yeap 165 shows.. bad shows.. i've seen them... but i bet you haven't oh wait you just said you did... maybe they just a bit tired...from a crazy weekend.. shit i just recovered from it.. and that not drug indused either... cause i don't do them.. i'm all grown up and i need to make money and take care of the fam.. friday night was sick... sat night trey with MOE. Fishman with Del and that Epic show on sunday.. shit this show is right below Big Cypress... Cut them a break and don't be so harsh or scared to right a real review.... lets see you up there night night out.....

youngphan
youngphan
6/17/2009 04:51 PM

if you thought this was a good phish show you must have been on drugs! hardly any improv. Slave was cool till fish ended the the song too quick.. time turns elastic into sleep nearly put me to sleep.. i have to admit the encore was pretty sweet but nothing to make the whole show great.. this was a good show a mediocre phish show and in no way a a good phish show.. that's my opinion take it for what its worth...

phishdead2
phishdead2
6/17/2009 04:56 PM

I wasn't on any drugs or drunk at all and i had a fucking blast. May have not been the best show ever but if anyone can say that it was a terrible show or that they didn't have fun at the show is a liar. Isn't that all that going to shows is about... having an awesome time? not about sitting through the entire show critiquing ever note and noticing every time trey fucks up.I loved the setlist, i loved the energy of the crowd, and the Fox made it all that much better. Phish rules.

youngphan
youngphan
6/17/2009 05:13 PM

/\ agree completely just wasn;t neccasarily up to snuff for phish i still would have loved to be there and if i was i probably be saying it was the greatest show ever.. perception is a b*tch

youngphan
youngphan
6/17/2009 05:13 PM

/\ agree completely just wasn;t neccasarily up to snuff for phish i still would have loved to be there and if i was i probably be saying it was the greatest show ever.. perception is a b*tch

mhc10
mhc10
6/17/2009 06:35 PM

People have bitched about Phish not on tour for four years, they come back and people still bitch. Just be glad they are back on tour, sure you probably won't see the Funky Phish era of Winter of 97 or the 25 Minute Bathtub Gins, but damn guys, gripe, gripe, gripe.

youngphan
youngphan
6/17/2009 07:13 PM

i am definitely not hating on the band, this tour, or any of you. that being said when there is a clunker i am going to say it is. just like when it was a great show i will say that. i call em like i see em. i will not happily lap up the boys not playing to their full potential. i also realize that not every show can be played to their full potential and i will have to deal with it.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use