Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

8 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Big Light/Nathan Moore | 06.03 | CA
JamBase
JamBase
6/16/2009 12:00 AM

Big Light/Nathan Moore | 06.03 | CA
With added oomph from Garrod, this stellar pairing fed us with more than fishes and loaves...

PWA
PWA
6/16/2009 05:16 PM

Why does jambase have such a hard-on for N. Moore? We get it, he's a great songwriter. Is it necessary to cover everyone one of his four shows a year though? I guess it is. Nevermind.

atr41
atr41
6/16/2009 05:26 PM

To get an idea of Trevor's solo sets, check out this crisp recording by Bob Cogswell from his show 6/14 at the country western venue Rancho Nicasio in the uber-heady Nicasio, CA:

http://www.archive.org/details/tlg2009-06-14.flac

Great review/words, as always, Dennis.

Chaloupka
Chaloupka
6/16/2009 05:36 PM

Wish Big Light would come to Colorado.

chopslot
chopslot
6/16/2009 07:36 PM

Wish Jambase had gotten that "Hard-On" on about 9 years earlier. Thamusemeant are one of the great, great bands that never got the recognition and support deserved...which makes them even more so splendid and cool. Praise be Percy Boyd!!!

Natey
Natey
6/16/2009 09:20 PM

Nicely put Dennis, as always. Thamusemeant was such great band that so many people knew nothing about...I am so glad that Nathan is doing his thing, stronger than ever. The guys in Big Light are the real deal, and for Nathan to team up with them seemed meant to be. This show was wonderful...I enjoyed how many people would be chatting away, then Salty Lou would bring people to attention with his songcraft.

rockcastle
rockcastle
6/17/2009 02:00 AM

I think thats the best band photo I've seen of Big Light. I dig their sound.

RedHeaven
RedHeaven
6/18/2009 10:37 AM

Yeah Dennis! Sweet article! We are blessed to have Big Light, Trevor, and especially Nathan Moore in our music community. I re-discovered this at Bobolink Fest, and will thrive in it again at High Sierra coming up. Having Fred and Nathan around to muse up the camps was truly a treat. I am starting to realize how important these musicians are to the ever growing force of tunes in these hillz and flatlands of the west coast. Time for the rest of the nation to see what has been stirring. There is passion and folklore a plenty in these guys and they are VERY special!!! Nathan played a solo set at 8pm on Sunday on the Main stage and had a big attentative crowd, made us laugh and cry, in a way only Nathan can touch. SO THANKFUL.... WITH LOVE!!!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use