Aerosmith: Toys In The Attic Live
JamBase
JamBase
6/15/2009 12:00 AM

Aerosmith: Toys In The Attic Live

gmoo
gmoo
6/15/2009 06:32 PM

Dip dob...dippa dobba doobie...my lips...are so f'in groovy.

schofizzl
schofizzl
6/15/2009 10:02 PM

saw the first stop in STL, it rained like hell and the show was delayed an hour or so but aerosmith still brought it, like they always do! too bad Brad wasn't able to make it though, but whoever they got to fill in sounded just fine. they didn't quite play Toys front to back, a few songs were left out and Dream On was played earlier in the night which was strange.. i'm guessing the weather might have made them rethink their setlist a little bit. aerosmith is not to be missed! also their light setup on stage was quite possible the coolest one that i've ever seen anywhere...

irtimed
irtimed
6/15/2009 10:43 PM

the last good thing aerosmith ever did was wayne's world.

schofizzl
schofizzl
6/15/2009 11:03 PM

^^wayne's world 2, dipshit. aerosmith rocks, and if you dont like it well more for me.

boknows
boknows
6/16/2009 07:35 AM

Wrong!!! Bringing us Alicia Silverstone was the last great thing they did.

Top priority of the Summer!!!

kilidank
kilidank
6/16/2009 07:48 AM

I went to the Alpine show saturday. It cost $6.00 with a voucher I printed off the internet. I went with some huuuuuuuuddddge Areosmith fans. The show was great they played almost all of Toys in The Attic. I wish Steven still flipped, and I expect better sound quailty next saturday. $6

lovemusical
lovemusical
6/16/2009 09:03 AM

I'm a huge fan of old Aerosmith. To see them play Toys would be unreal for me. There first five albums are classic rock at its finest. Let's also not forget "Pump". Very underated album in an era of pure shit. I've seen them live five times and have never been dissapointed. They really love to perform and bring a very high energy show. Steven's stage presence is rivaled only by Jagger. He's a 60 some year old tom cat and knows it. I would absolutly see them play again, and Toys or Rocks live would be sick. Hopefully no songs performed from the 90's though:)

Lammie
Lammie
6/16/2009 09:37 AM

Aerosmith review

By Kevin C. Johnson

ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH

06/11/2009

It will apparently take more than a heavy downpour with lightning to derail the first stop on Aerosmith's world tour Wednesday night at Verizon Wireless Amphitheater.

But the storm sure did slow things down.

After 3 Doors Down's opening set and the arrival of increasingly ominous storm clouds, a disclaimer during intermission stated that fans could wait in their cars until the storm passed, then re-enter the show.

The concert resumed roughly an hour after its scheduled time and felt noticeably abbreviated once it finally did unfold.

But Boston's bad boys definitely delivered during the high-energy 90-minute show that had Verizon filled to near capacity, at least before the storm hit.

On a large bi-level set with many movable parts that at times resembled something out of "Transformers," singer Steven Tyler, guitarist Joe Perry, bassist Tom Hamilton, keyboardist Russ Irwin, and fill-in Bobby Schneck (a local resident), taking the place of ailing guitarist Brad Whitford, showed there's lots of life left in them.

"What do you get when you mix St. Louis, Aerosmith and lightning and thunder?" the sinewy, lippy Tyler asked. The answer was, inexplicably, "Love in an Elevator," one of a few gems the band performed, including "Cryin'" and "Dream On."

But the hits weren't this concert's core. As has been touted, the band performed its 1975 classic album "Toys in the Attic" from front to back, minus "You See Me Crying" (probably lopped off for time).

That's the album with "Walk This Way" and "Sweet Emotion," and the songs sounded great. They were probably as much a treat for fans to hear as they were for the band to perform.

One almost expected Johnnie Johnson's ghost, or at least Chuck Berry, to stroll out during the boogie-woogied "Big Ten Inch Record" (wasn't that Berry's son and grandson standing on the sidelines of the stage all night?). Perry gave Berry a shout-out, calling him the most important man in St. Louis.

The band also offered "Combination" from the 1976 album "Rocks," a song Tyler said they've never played live. Perry assumed vocals, and the song felt like a bit of filler.

If the concert lacked a stream of big hits and popular fluff, it compensated with a rip-roaring presentation. And of course there was the never-ending spectacle of Tyler, pouting, strutting and tossing clothing into the audience.

In a nod to, and discreet slam of, tour sponsor Guitar Hero, Perry played guitar against an animated version of himself, then said "but ain't nothing like the real thing."

3 Doors Down, opening the early Aerosmith support slots until ZZ Top joins the tour, performed songs such as "Kryptonite," "Behind Those Eyes," and "Train." It was all perfectly polished and a bit bland.

Lammie
Lammie
6/16/2009 11:44 AM

Aerosmith St. Louis concert photos:

http://stltoday.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=24100001&event=774

gregboyer
gregboyer
6/16/2009 07:46 PM

Rocks was there last good album. That was 33 years ago. That's a long slump.

Hankskool
Hankskool
6/17/2009 02:24 AM

When I was a kid, and I mean, like back in the 70's, Aerosmith really was the shit. Get Your Wings, Toys in the Attic, and Rocks, were definitely the essentials. The first one with Dream On, not as much. But do you know that , actually, they were notorious for totally sucking in concert? Particularly during the era when those three albums made they simply sucked the grand wazoo live. One time in Detroit, where I grew up, I saw them when they headlined a bill with ( I still don't get it to this day since there was absolutely no "thematic convergence", if you will) Emerson Lake and Palmer. Emerson , Lake , and Palmer were scary good, just intense. Sure enough, by the time Aerosmith opened about a third of the crowd had pretty much had their fill. They/we, gave Aerosmith about six totally sucky/drunk versions of their songs then booked. Not proudly, but I can say I walked out on an Aerosmith concert.

Hankskool
Hankskool
6/17/2009 02:26 AM

Oh, and by the way, why do people scream requests like, "Freeeebiiird", when they can be screaming out, "BIG TEN INCH RECORD......of her favorite blues"?

cavemandan
cavemandan
6/17/2009 07:38 AM

There was a time when Aerosmith would actually be doing same tour as the Grateful dead but just the days before the dead! If you got to a venue early you could catch a bonus Aerosmith show and even scored dead tickets at Aerosmith. Train kept on rolling! Legends of 70's rock and btw LIV TAYLOR could go on tour with me anyday!

schofizzl
schofizzl
6/21/2009 04:15 PM

well i don't doubt that aerosmith sucked in concert back then, Hank, because they were all fucked up all the time. i have seen them 3 times in the past 6 or 7 years and each time they are simply fantastic! this most recent show in STL was the weaker of the three but the storm delay and not having brad whitford there surely contributed to that weakness. i saw them in '03 i think with stone temple pilots opening, and it rained like hell and it was freezing cold but aerosmith still brought nothing but fire! just give them another shot is all i'm saying. they play their stuff perfectly, and even the extended improvised solos(who says they don't jam?) are damn good.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use