Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

39 Total Messages • Page 1 of 3 • 1 2 3 Next » 
Wakarusa | 06.04 - 06.07 | Arkansas
JamBase
JamBase
6/10/2009 02:57 AM

Wakarusa | 06.04 - 06.07 | Arkansas
With a great new venue, Wakarusa has found a welcome new home in the Ozarks...

tallboytodd
tallboytodd
6/10/2009 02:44 PM

Ha, GE Smith from Saturday Night Live...nice

Tehsay
Tehsay
6/10/2009 03:06 PM

what an awesome weekend! couldn't have asked for nicer weather!

WidespreadMule3
WidespreadMule3
6/10/2009 03:43 PM

i'm beyond jealous of anyone who got to go. looks like a life changing weekend. this will have to be my summer vacation next year.

geyser
geyser
6/10/2009 04:42 PM

Waka was a blast!!! It's great that no matter what flavor of the music you were into there was stuff for everyone!! For me Pretty Lights, Heavyweight Dub Champion, Praang, Boombox, Shpongle and Ott were the highlights. STS9 on the main stage Friday night was mind blowing! Mulberry Mountain was the perfect venue for a festival this size. Thanks to all the organizers and local Arkansans for throwing a great party!

21Gooch
21Gooch
6/10/2009 04:52 PM

awesome weekend, thanks for the review!

one of the highlights for me was Euforquestra Thursday with Michael Travis and Jason Hann sitting in.

peaton
peaton
6/10/2009 05:44 PM

Is that little kid with the mando the same kid who was at Hampton doing the version of "Sparkle" in the lot? Oh man, that kid was friggin awesome and now he has dreads. Somebody give his father a high five!

youngphan
youngphan
6/10/2009 06:11 PM

i dont think tht is a little kid...

bluesrequiem
bluesrequiem
6/10/2009 07:38 PM

Euforquestra + hann and travis was awesome. heavyweight dub champ = awesome. PRAANG = ridiculous. The Moai Broadcast = awesome. Claypool = awesome. JFJO = ridiculous. Underground Orchestra = awesome. Galactic, Railroad Earth, Shpongle, Ott, were all awesome. Split Lip = awesome too! STS9 had another STELLAR waka peformance as well. BEST WAKA

peaton
peaton
6/10/2009 08:11 PM

youngphan, good call! I don't know what I was thinking a few hours ago, but thats definitely not a little kid. Haha, not one of my shining moments!

epsht001
epsht001
6/10/2009 09:51 PM

After attending 10k in MN the past 4 years, I just couldn't do it this year. All because of the poor lineup. So I, along with some buddies trucked it down to the ozarks for 11 to 12 hours. Don't regret it 1 bit. Turns out we weren't the only ones. The second we got in, security guards asked us where we were from. Replied to us with "Wow! So many people from up north in the Midwest". We replied back with "Yeah, our festival sucks this year.... so we're just gonna party at yours ;)". Felt good to see a bunch of people walking around wearing 10k shirts as well. I had a blast this weekend! Favorite shows for me were Yonder 1st night, STS9 1st night, and Galactic the 2nd day. And apparently I was at New Mastersounds even though I don't remember it because I got trashed early in the day. But according to my friends I was there. He bought the show later at the fest and we bumped it in his car. What a funky set! I'll put that up with my favorites of the fest as well haha. Mulberry Mountain is a beautiful venue. The only suggestions I have are setting up more free water spickets and wells around the area. I could only find one. That's where 10k at the soo pass ranch has you beat. PS- That waterfall leap into the pit was awesome!

glowbug
glowbug
6/10/2009 09:53 PM

such an incredible time. sts9 and pgroove on friday night were mind-blowing. i can't wait until next year.

richardg
richardg
6/10/2009 11:25 PM

sts9 and pgroove's sets a this festival were out of this world. big props to mofro/praang/yonder/galactic/claypool. wakarusa was fucking ill!!! USE YOUR HEAD!!!

deadpig79
deadpig79
6/11/2009 06:26 AM

this guy sucks as a reporter.

ssucaet
ssucaet
6/11/2009 06:54 AM

Please don't compare Railroad Earth to Phish. Trey could never sing or play as tight as Railroad Earth!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use